Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mother boards

mother boards

pat

can any one tell me how to tell what kind of mother board is in a computer
and where do I go to get the software it uses

Nik Schlein

Yes you can, there are various utilities that will tell you what motherboard
you have. You may be able to catch the Manufacturer yourself in your Device
Manager. The easiest way I have found it open up the case and look for it.
They will say something like:
Asus
Abit
Epox
Intel(NOT CPU)
Soyo

They all have websites to download stuff. But if your computer is a few
years old, you probably have the most current stuff anyways.

"pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9F1md.1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> can any one tell me how to tell what kind of mother board is in a computer
> and where do I go to get the software it uses

Steve

"pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9F1md.1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> can any one tell me how to tell what kind of mother board is in a
> computer
> and where do I go to get the software it uses

try http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Jimmi H

You're asking this type of questions??

You do not belong "INSIDE" your pc case. Get someone who knows what they
are doing, OR, read up on it and THEN try.