Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > URLs not clickable

URLs not clickable

Hi, after I have tried to install Moziallafs Thunderbird, URLs within these
programs were not clickable. I went back to Internet Explorer and OE and
noticed that I couldnft achieve this task anymore either. Right now I have
to copy the URL and open it in Internet Explorer. How can I get rid of this
problem?

Something that might have to do with it:
I uninstalled Thunderbird and even deleted a couple of the remaining files
related to Thunderbird that were not deleted during the uninstall process.
When I tried to reinstall Thunderbird, my old Thunderbird file folders showed
up again (including 1000 messages in the Deleted Items folder). The Windows
XP search function wonft tell me where these undesired files of the deleted
program resided.
Has anybody got a good idea how to solve this problem? I hate to redo the
entire C drive of an otherwise perfectly working system.

John C Williams

Click Start, Run. In the run box, type "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" without the
quotes

and press Enter. Then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools, Internet
Options,

"Programs" tab, and click on "Reset Web Settings...", click "Apply", "OK"

Click Tools, Internet Options or Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet

Options, under Tempory Internet Files, click "Delete Files", check "delete
all

offline content", click "OK", "OK", Reboot Windows to refresh the OS.

Now try it again. If it still fails to work, then look here:

OLEXP: Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in Outlook Express

OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You
Click

a Link

OLEXP: Outlook Express Is Slow to Open Mail Messages and Links to Web Pages

Section on "OUTLOOK: Hyperlinks - Shortcut" (About 2/3 way down the page).

http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/...ok.htm#OELINKS

How to get HTTP hyperlinks in OE to open IE when you click them:

http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx

Nothing happens when you click a link

http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

"Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default.

When you add a link to a Web page in an Outlook Express message and then
click

the link, nothing may happen.

<rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501> wrote in message

> Hi, after I have tried to install Moziallafs Thunderbird, URLs within
> these
> programs were not clickable. I went back to Internet Explorer and OE and
> noticed that I couldnft achieve this task anymore either. Right now I
> have
> to copy the URL and open it in Internet Explorer. How can I get rid of
> this
> problem?
>
> Something that might have to do with it:
> I uninstalled Thunderbird and even deleted a couple of the remaining
> files
> related to Thunderbird that were not deleted during the uninstall process.
> When I tried to reinstall Thunderbird, my old Thunderbird file folders
> showed
> up again (including 1000 messages in the Deleted Items folder). The
> Windows
> XP search function wonft tell me where these undesired files of the
> deleted
> program resided.
> Has anybody got a good idea how to solve this problem? I hate to redo the
> entire C drive of an otherwise perfectly working system.

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =---

Jim Berwick

<rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501> wrote in news:4197da97$1_1@127.0.0.1:

> Something that might have to do with it:

Nothing at all to do with it. Thunderbird doesn't store your mail in the
same folder as the application (because doing that would be retarded). If
you want to delete your thunderbird profile, you can find it by going here:
%appdata%\thunderbird

dadiOH

rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501 wrote:
> Hi, after I have tried to install Moziallafs Thunderbird, URLs
> within these programs were not clickable. I went back to Internet
> Explorer and OE and
> noticed that I couldnft achieve this task anymore either. Right
> now I have
> to copy the URL and open it in Internet Explorer. How can I get rid
> of this problem?

Open Windows Explorer
From the View menu, select Folder Options then File Types.
Check the values for URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol
Click Edit then open then Edit again.
The values should read:

Application:
"C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome
(Check the path to iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct)

DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:

First Box:
"%1",,-1,0,,,,

Second Box:
IExplore