Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Large File Download support

Large File Download support

Nik Schlein

How do I enable if possible large file download support on IE. I want to
download a DVD ISO of Fedora Linux. But when I try normally through IE, it
says the ISO is only 70mb when it should be like 4.3gb

why?

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 05:54:42 GMT, Nik Schlein wrote:

>How do I enable if possible large file download support on IE. I want to
>download a DVD ISO of Fedora Linux. But when I try normally through IE, it
>says the ISO is only 70mb when it should be like 4.3gb

Use a proper FTP client.
http://tucows.com/ftp95_default.html
CoffeeCup is okay it's free.
I have heard AceFTP is easy to use.

Or buy it from www.cheapbytes.com , or any of the Linux distro
providers.

The idea behind cheapbytes (and others) is you pay for duplication and
mailing.

Shipping $15.99
Fedora Core 3 Linux x86 DVD-R

Me

Ingeborg

"Nik Schlein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> How do I enable if possible large file download support on IE. I want
> to download a DVD ISO of Fedora Linux. But when I try normally through
> IE, it says the ISO is only 70mb when it should be like 4.3gb

Download Firefox or Opera first.

I suppose this ISO is 70 MB bigger than 4 real GB's, and IE the file size
only stores in a 32 bits variabele, which makes a wrap around.
In that case you can't download the ISO to a FAT32 partition, you'll have
to use NTFS.