Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mouse systems classic mouse drivers

mouse systems classic mouse drivers

LJA

recently upgraded to win 2000 pro and need the drivers for my mouse so I can
use all 5 buttons. Have drivers for 9x won't work with 2000 pro. would
appreciate info or post

Jim Byrd

Hi LJA - You don't state which particular mouse you're using. Win2k can be
very sensitive to having the exactly correct drivers for the specific mouse
model you use. If your's is a Microsoft mouse then you can get the specific
Intellipoint software for the specific mouse you use as follows. Go here
and do the selection process (Carefully!):
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx

If you're using a different make of mouse, then you'll need to go to the
manufacturer's site and download the appropriate drivers.

--
Please respond in the same thread.
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP

In news:Vpzld.213271$Pl.89169@pd7tw1no,
LJA <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> recently upgraded to win 2000 pro and need the drivers for my mouse
> so I can use all 5 buttons. Have drivers for 9x won't work with 2000
> pro. would appreciate info or post

LJA

it's a mouse systems classic mouse 9.8 at least that was what I had
installed in win 98 and it worked fine. it's a 5 button mouse left, right
middle roller and thumb buttons. at the moment I can't scroll have left and
right and the middle. thumb is not working either.thx for the help
> Hi LJA - You don't state which particular mouse you're using. Win2k can

be
> very sensitive to having the exactly correct drivers for the specific

mouse
> model you use. If your's is a Microsoft mouse then you can get the

specific
> Intellipoint software for the specific mouse you use as follows. Go here
> and do the selection process (Carefully!):
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx
>
> If you're using a different make of mouse, then you'll need to go to the
> manufacturer's site and download the appropriate drivers.
>
> --
> Please respond in the same thread.
> Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
>

> In news:Vpzld.213271$Pl.89169@pd7tw1no,
> LJA <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> > recently upgraded to win 2000 pro and need the drivers for my mouse
> > so I can use all 5 buttons. Have drivers for 9x won't work with 2000
> > pro. would appreciate info or post

"Jim Byrd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi LJA - You don't state which particular mouse you're using. Win2k can

be
> very sensitive to having the exactly correct drivers for the specific

mouse
> model you use. If your's is a Microsoft mouse then you can get the

specific
> Intellipoint software for the specific mouse you use as follows. Go here
> and do the selection process (Carefully!):
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx
>
> If you're using a different make of mouse, then you'll need to go to the
> manufacturer's site and download the appropriate drivers.
>
> --
> Please respond in the same thread.
> Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
>

> In news:Vpzld.213271$Pl.89169@pd7tw1no,
> LJA <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> > recently upgraded to win 2000 pro and need the drivers for my mouse
> > so I can use all 5 buttons. Have drivers for 9x won't work with 2000
> > pro. would appreciate info or post

Toolman Tim

Gotcha...
http://members.driverguide.com/drive...driverid=87802
(You may need to sign up for a free account.)

"LJA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsMRld.219208$Pl.120844@pd7tw1no...
| it's a mouse systems classic mouse 9.8 at least that was what I had
| installed in win 98 and it worked fine. it's a 5 button mouse left, right
| middle roller and thumb buttons. at the moment I can't scroll have left
and
| right and the middle. thumb is not working either.thx for the help

Thx but this is the one I already have, when I try to install it I receive
the error that it is not supported by the o/s. I gather that mouse systems
has been out of buseness for a while hoping someone has an updated driver
for win 2000,excellent mouse to work with when all it's functions work
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gotcha...
> http://members.driverguide.com/drive...driverid=87802
> (You may need to sign up for a free account.)
>

> "LJA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsMRld.219208$Pl.120844@pd7tw1no...
> | it's a mouse systems classic mouse 9.8 at least that was what I had
> | installed in win 98 and it worked fine. it's a 5 button mouse left,

right
> | middle roller and thumb buttons. at the moment I can't scroll have left
> and
> | right and the middle. thumb is not working either.thx for the help

Sorry, but the web site *said* W2K and XP. Unfortunately, it looks like
Mouse Systems changed owner or something like that (1999) before W2K came
out, so they didn't do drivers. I haven't found any newer stuff. However,
they were bought/merged/owned etc. by KYE, makers of Genius mice and
scanners etc. You might try their drivers, or ask for their help:

http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/

| Thx but this is the one I already have, when I try to install it I receive
| the error that it is not supported by the o/s. I gather that mouse systems
| has been out of buseness for a while hoping someone has an updated driver
| for win 2000,excellent mouse to work with when all it's functions work
| "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| > Gotcha...
| > http://members.driverguide.com/drive...driverid=87802
| > (You may need to sign up for a free account.)
| >

| > "LJA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > newsMRld.219208$Pl.120844@pd7tw1no...
| > | it's a mouse systems classic mouse 9.8 at least that was what I had
| > | installed in win 98 and it worked fine. it's a 5 button mouse left,
| right
| > | middle roller and thumb buttons. at the moment I can't scroll have
left
| > and
| > | right and the middle. thumb is not working either.thx for the help
| > |
| > |
| can
| > | be
| > | mouse
| > | specific
| > here

| the

| > |
| > |
| > | "Jim Byrd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > | news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| can
| > | be
| > | mouse
| > | specific
| > here

| the

| > |
| > |

LJA

thx toolman I'll try that site
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry, but the web site *said* W2K and XP. Unfortunately, it looks like
> Mouse Systems changed owner or something like that (1999) before W2K came
> out, so they didn't do drivers. I haven't found any newer stuff. However,
> they were bought/merged/owned etc. by KYE, makers of Genius mice and
> scanners etc. You might try their drivers, or ask for their help:
>
> http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/
>

> "LJA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | Thx but this is the one I already have, when I try to install it I

receive
> | the error that it is not supported by the o/s. I gather that mouse

systems
> | has been out of buseness for a while hoping someone has an updated

driver
> | for win 2000,excellent mouse to work with when all it's functions work
> | "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | > Gotcha...
> | > http://members.driverguide.com/drive...driverid=87802
> | > (You may need to sign up for a free account.)
> | >

> | > "LJA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | > newsMRld.219208$Pl.120844@pd7tw1no...
> | right
> left
> | > and

Jim Byrd

Hi LJA - Not to be argumentative, but there are a lot of very inexpensive
mice with those capabilities (and more) that do offer up-to-date drivers.
Why not just replace it?

--
Please respond in the same thread.
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP

In news:CX9md.230681$%k.200370@pd7tw2no,
LJA <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> thx toolman I'll try that site
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Sorry, but the web site *said* W2K and XP. Unfortunately, it looks
>> like Mouse Systems changed owner or something like that (1999)
>> before W2K came out, so they didn't do drivers. I haven't found any
>> newer stuff. However, they were bought/merged/owned etc. by KYE,
>> makers of Genius mice and scanners etc. You might try their drivers,
>> or ask for their help:
>>
>> http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/
>>

>> "LJA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> Thx but this is the one I already have, when I try to install it I
>>> receive the error that it is not supported by the o/s. I gather
>>> that mouse systems has been out of buseness for a while hoping
>>> someone has an updated driver for win 2000,excellent mouse to work
>>> with when all it's functions work "Toolman Tim"
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

I would tend to agree - I picked up a nice wireless optical mouse with six
buttons at eBay for less than $40. But if he *can* find the drivers, I guess
it saves a few bucks.

"Jim Byrd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Hi LJA - Not to be argumentative, but there are a lot of very inexpensive
| mice with those capabilities (and more) that do offer up-to-date drivers.
| Why not just replace it?
|
| --
| Please respond in the same thread.
| Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
|

| In news:CX9md.230681$%k.200370@pd7tw2no,
| LJA <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
| > thx toolman I'll try that site
| > "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| >> Sorry, but the web site *said* W2K and XP. Unfortunately, it looks
| >> like Mouse Systems changed owner or something like that (1999)
| >> before W2K came out, so they didn't do drivers. I haven't found any
| >> newer stuff. However, they were bought/merged/owned etc. by KYE,
| >> makers of Genius mice and scanners etc. You might try their drivers,
| >> or ask for their help:
| >>
| >> http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/
| >>

| >> "LJA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

that definatly is an option but I figured I try to update the drivers first
news:(E-Mail Removed)...