Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cannot Import Favorites from Windows ME to XP

Cannot Import Favorites from Windows ME to XP

MICHAEL GREGORY

On my ME machine, I exported my Favorites and e-mailed them to myself. Then
on my XP machine, I received the e-mail, saved the file, and tried to import
Favorites. But I got an error message saying it was not a valid bookmark
file. Can anyone offer help on this?

I must say I'm not happy with XP so far. Some of my favorite software from
ME will not run on XP.

G. Morgan

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:45:09 GMT "MICHAEL GREGORY"
used 9 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

>On my ME machine, I exported my Favorites and e-mailed them to myself. Then
>on my XP machine, I received the e-mail, saved the file, and tried to import
>Favorites. But I got an error message saying it was not a valid bookmark
>file. Can anyone offer help on this?

Did you try to import them into IE? I don't think IE uses "bookmark"
terminology, but I could be mistaken.

>I must say I'm not happy with XP so far. Some of my favorite software from
>ME will not run on XP.

Really? Like what?

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

pcbutts1

Don't be mad at XP. Talk to the software manufacture.

"MICHAEL GREGORY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsUxld.832$wY2.738@trndny05...
> On my ME machine, I exported my Favorites and e-mailed them to myself.
> Then on my XP machine, I received the e-mail, saved the file, and tried to
> import Favorites. But I got an error message saying it was not a valid
> bookmark file. Can anyone offer help on this?
>
> I must say I'm not happy with XP so far. Some of my favorite software
> from ME will not run on XP.

Bob from Tulsa

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On my ME machine, I exported my Favorites and e-mailed them to myself. Then
>on my XP machine, I received the e-mail, saved the file, and tried to import
>Favorites. But I got an error message saying it was not a valid bookmark
>file. Can anyone offer help on this?
>
>I must say I'm not happy with XP so far. Some of my favorite software from
>ME will not run on XP.

As G. Morgan alluded, "bookmark" isn't an IE term.
Netscape Navigator uses "bookmark" instead of "favorites."
Are you certain you're using Internet Explorer on the WinME system?
I am guessing that you are not.
- Bob (In Tulsa)