Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: New Maxtor Hard Drive

Re: New Maxtor Hard Drive

PuppyKatt

All done, and it now shows up in My Computer. Thanks a bunch, guys. One
question, though: why is the print in blue, rather than black?

Toolman Tim

"PuppyKatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kEeld.7525$(E-Mail Removed)...
| All done, and it now shows up in My Computer. Thanks a bunch, guys. One
| question, though: why is the print in blue, rather than black?

AH! Another option many users are not aware of. XP shows files on
compressed drives in blue type. I expect when you set your partition you saw
that "Enable Compression" option and checked it - that's why the drive
folders/filenames are in blue.

Keep in mind that some file types do not compress well. For instance, CAB,
JPG, MP3, andof course ZIP files (and most other archive types) are already
compressed, and will often be *larger* on a compressed drive than
uncompressed drives.