Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows XP password help needed.

Windows XP password help needed.

Alan

Hi all,
My friend was having a problem with her PC, so I formatted it and
re-installed Windows XP. I made sure everything was fine and left her to it.
However, now she is saying that thepassword I put on has expired. The
problem is I never put a password on, so we're not sure how she managed to
password protect it. Is there any way she get into her PC as there are files
on there that she needs.

This is a genuine request for help.

Many thanks in advance.
Al.

Jamco

did you set an administrator password. Reboot to safe mode and log on as
administrator and no password?

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eb6ld.489$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> My friend was having a problem with her PC, so I formatted it and
> re-installed Windows XP. I made sure everything was fine and left her to
> it. However, now she is saying that thepassword I put on has expired. The
> problem is I never put a password on, so we're not sure how she managed to
> password protect it. Is there any way she get into her PC as there are
> files on there that she needs.
>
> This is a genuine request for help.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
> Al.

Alan

"Jamco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> did you set an administrator password. Reboot to safe mode and log on as
> administrator and no password?
>
> "Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eb6ld.489$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi all,
>> My friend was having a problem with her PC, so I formatted it and
>> re-installed Windows XP. I made sure everything was fine and left her to
>> it. However, now she is saying that thepassword I put on has expired. The
>> problem is I never put a password on, so we're not sure how she managed
>> to password protect it. Is there any way she get into her PC as there are
>> files on there that she needs.
>>
>> This is a genuine request for help.
>>
>> Many thanks in advance.
>> Al.

Just read about this in a forum. Thanks, I'll give it a try.