Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > incredimail - again

incredimail - again

Dunc

Outpost firewall blocked an outgoing call from my email program
PocoMail to Incredimail. Just wondering why that would be
attempted. I have never used incredimal ( I can't even spell it)

°Mike°

Please be a bit more vague.

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 20:36:54 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Dunc scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Dunc

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:02:19 +0000, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Please be a bit more vague.
>

>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 20:36:54 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Dunc scrawled:
>
>>Outpost firewall blocked an outgoing call from my email program
>>PocoMail to Incredimail. Just wondering why that would be
>>attempted. I have never used incredimal ( I can't even spell it)

Sorry Mike - OK - I guess I was wondering why one email client would
try to contact another. Seems to me that if there was mail coming
in it should not matter from which client it came from and why would
my installed program try an outgoing call to another client.

Help any? :}

°Mike°

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:37:04 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Dunc scrawled:

>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:02:19 +0000, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Please be a bit more vague.

<snip>

>Sorry Mike - OK - I guess I was wondering why one email client would
>try to contact another. Seems to me that if there was mail coming
>in it should not matter from which client it came from and why would
>my installed program try an outgoing call to another client.
>
>Help any? :}

Not really. For a start, your firewall cannot block an outgoing connection
from one email *client* to another. Now how about giving the verbatim
message that you got?

--
Basic computer maintenance

Dunc

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:40:45 +0000, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:37:04 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Dunc scrawled:
>
>>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:02:19 +0000, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Please be a bit more vague.

><snip>
>
>>Sorry Mike - OK - I guess I was wondering why one email client would
>>try to contact another. Seems to me that if there was mail coming
>>in it should not matter from which client it came from and why would
>>my installed program try an outgoing call to another client.
>>
>>Help any? :}

>Not really. For a start, your firewall cannot block an outgoing connection
>from one email *client* to another. Now how about giving the verbatim
>message that you got?

There was no message apart from the Oupost dialogue box that asked if
I wanted to allow the connection to Incredimail. I said no.

Aquila Deus

Lady Chatterly, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I don't like to pick on the intellectually handicapped .

Why don't you like to pick on the intellectually handicapped?

--
Solve the food crisis and the homeless pet problem.
Eat a dog today!

Lady Chatterly

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> Dunc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:40:45 0000, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:37:04 GMT, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Dunc scrawled:

>><snip>
>>
>>>Sorry Mike - OK - I guess I was wondering why one email client would
>>>try to contact another. Seems to me that if there was mail coming
>>>in it should not matter from which client it came from and why would
>>>my installed program try an outgoing call to another client.
>>>
>>>Help any? :}

>>Not really. For a start, your firewall cannot block an outgoing connection
>>from one email *client* to another. Now how about giving the verbatim
>>message that you got?

>There was no message apart from the Oupost dialogue box that asked if
>I wanted to allow the connection to Incredimail. I said no.

I don't like to pick on the intellectually handicapped ...

--
Lady Chatterly

"Wow, OMH/Lord Cruel Angel, the bot could be one of your obsessed
pathetics! She insults you and *still* gets things wrong! *snrk* I'm
sure you know that you and Lady Chatterly" go back to her debut on
USENET. According to Google, you are both the first person on USENET
to respond to this particular bot and the first person to figure out
that "she" was a bot: That was on June 8, 2004, only one day after
"Lady Chatterly" started posting: I suspect figuring out that "she"
was a bot got your "relationship" with her off on the wrong foot!
LOL! At least "she" has gotten much better! That's enough of
documenting an odd moment in USENET history!" -- Pinku Sensei

°Mike°

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:22:44 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Dunc scrawled:

>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:40:45 +0000, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:37:04 GMT, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Dunc scrawled:

>><snip>
>>
>>>Sorry Mike - OK - I guess I was wondering why one email client would
>>>try to contact another. Seems to me that if there was mail coming
>>>in it should not matter from which client it came from and why would
>>>my installed program try an outgoing call to another client.
>>>
>>>Help any? :}

>>Not really. For a start, your firewall cannot block an outgoing connection
>>from one email *client* to another. Now how about giving the verbatim
>>message that you got?

>There was no message apart from the Oupost dialogue box that asked if
>I wanted to allow the connection to Incredimail. I said no.

Outpost keeps a log. I still think that you are not grasping
the fact that Outpost does NOT block outgoing traffic from
one email client to another email client.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Dunc

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:57:43 +0000, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:22:44 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Dunc scrawled:
>
>>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:40:45 +0000, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:37:04 GMT, in
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> Dunc scrawled:

>>><snip>

>>>Not really. For a start, your firewall cannot block an outgoing connection
>>>from one email *client* to another. Now how about giving the verbatim
>>>message that you got?

>>There was no message apart from the Oupost dialogue box that asked if
>>I wanted to allow the connection to Incredimail. I said no.

>Outpost keeps a log. I still think that you are not grasping
>the fact that Outpost does NOT block outgoing traffic from
>one email client to another email client.

Mike - I accept that. I quess my vague query had to do with why my
email program wanted to have an outgoing connection with another email
program. Is this a normal procedure that I have only seen since
updating outpost to 2.5? The log gets deleted daily and this
happened yesterday.

°Mike°

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:30:37 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Dunc scrawled:

>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:57:43 +0000, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:

<snip>

>>Outpost keeps a log. I still think that you are not grasping
>>the fact that Outpost does NOT block outgoing traffic from
>>one email client to another email client.

>Mike - I accept that. I quess my vague query had to do with why my
>email program wanted to have an outgoing connection with another email
>program.

I get the impression that you are confused over the message
that you got. What you are claiming just does not happen.
Requesting an outgoing connection, yes, but NOT to another
EMAIL CLIENT.

>Is this a normal procedure that I have only seen since
>updating outpost to 2.5?

No, see above.

>The log gets deleted daily and this happened yesterday.

I think that what you saw was not what you think you saw.

--
Basic computer maintenance