Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Netframework 1.1 install blows up

Netframework 1.1 install blows up

Tom Beretvas

I am trying to use Symantec Norton Ghost. This implicitly invokes
..Netframework installation 1.1 which blows up with an error 2908.
I tried to download 1.1 package and install it. It blows up with the same
error. Followed the instruction dotnetfx.exe... Tried to reinstall it. It
blows up.
I really do not know anything about this!

Help

Jeff Hora [MSFT]

Hi Tom,

There is a Support Knowledgebase article that addresses this problem: "PRB:
Installation of .NET Framework Fails and Requires Manual Removal" which can
be found at http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320112.

HTH.

Regards,
--
Jeff Hora
MCSD (.NET & VS6), ITIL Foundations
"Tom Beretvas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:z_PDe.1664$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
>I am trying to use Symantec Norton Ghost. This implicitly invokes
> .Netframework installation 1.1 which blows up with an error 2908.
> I tried to download 1.1 package and install it. It blows up with the same
> error. Followed the instruction dotnetfx.exe... Tried to reinstall it. It
> blows up.
> I really do not know anything about this!
>
> Help

Tom Beretvas

I got the following answer from Jeff Hora:

However, I tried to follow the instructions to the letter, but the
problem does not go away....

Can you help?

From: Jeff Hora [MSFT]
To: Tom Beretvas
Date Posted: Aug 12, 2005 10:21:08 AM

--
Sent via .NET Newsgroups
http://www.dotnetnewsgroups.com

Tom Beretvas

Jeff Hora says

Go to

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320112.

This refernce is NOT available....

Tom

.NetFramework Rilehu ASP .Net 0 04-13-2010 11:54 PM
netframework version 2.0 beta2 Kue2 Windows 64bit 1 09-16-2005 12:46 AM
Netframework 1.1 Fails everytime Mohawk Brewing Computer Support 1 03-04-2005 07:12 PM
problem with .netframework sp1 Saber ASP .Net 4 09-05-2004 07:23 PM
.netframework backward compatable paul ASP .Net 6 01-13-2004 07:41 PM

Advertisments