Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 'Save As' options in Word 2003

'Save As' options in Word 2003

Dawn

Is there any way that Word 2003 can be 'persuaded' to save a file as
WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS? I have just upgraded and I find that I can no
longer do this - but I need to!

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Dawn

Paul - xxx

Dawn vaguely muttered something like ...
> Is there any way that Word 2003 can be 'persuaded' to save a file as
> WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS? I have just upgraded and I find that I can no
> longer do this - but I need to!

Have you tried Tools - Options - Compatibility and selecting WP5.x

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules !!!

Dawn

"Paul - xxx" wrote
> Have you tried Tools - Options - Compatibility and selecting WP5.x

Hi Paul, how's tricks?

Thanks for your input but the action that you suggested doesn't do what I
want it to do. I have to be able to convert to WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS,
because that's the format that she who pays the wages needs.

A couple of sites suggest that I install a converter, which would seem to be
what I need. The trouble is, the site authors also include dire warnings
about replacing shiny new software with nasty buggy old stuff.

Does anyone have any experience of using these converters? Any thoughts at
all?

Dawn

Paul - xxx

Dawn vaguely muttered something like ...
> "Paul - xxx" wrote
>> Have you tried Tools - Options - Compatibility and selecting WP5.x

> Hi Paul, how's tricks?
>
> Thanks for your input but the action that you suggested doesn't do what I
> want it to do. I have to be able to convert to WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS,
> because that's the format that she who pays the wages needs.

I've never used the converters, so won't comment.

Have you, or the office got a copy of WP 5.1 ? If so install that ... then
it's as easy as a cut 'n paste job ..

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules !!!

Travis Lonergan

Did you do a full install when you installed Word 2003? Mine says it has to
save as WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS as an option.

Travis

news:(E-Mail Removed)...