Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Anyway to get Win98 cd key from the installed OS?

Anyway to get Win98 cd key from the installed OS?

chrisj

Hi, I need to re-install 98 on sombodys computer and they dont have the
original disks. Is it posible to get their existing key of the HD? I have a
copy of 98 and could no doubt get a key of the net but I am wondering if
there is a way to re-install with out using a dodgy key.

cheers,

chris

MJP

"chrisj" <aa@rrrse> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I need to re-install 98 on sombodys computer and they dont have the
> original disks. Is it posible to get their existing key of the HD? I have
> copy of 98 and could no doubt get a key of the net but I am wondering if
> there is a way to re-install with out using a dodgy key.
>
> cheers,
>
> chris

Look here http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml, this finds your
exiasting key

MJP

dadiOH

chrisj wrote:
> Hi, I need to re-install 98 on sombodys computer and they dont have
> the original disks. Is it posible to get their existing key of the
> HD? I have a copy of 98 and could no doubt get a key of the net but
> I am wondering if there is a way to re-install with out using a
> dodgy key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

Barry OGrady

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 19:49:37 -0000, "chrisj" <aa@rrrse> wrote:

The subject does not parse. Did you mean "Anyway, to get Win98 cd key
from the installed OS?", or did you mean "Any way to get Win98 cd key
from the installed OS?"

>Hi, I need to re-install 98 on sombodys computer and they dont have the
>original disks. Is it posible to get their existing key of the HD? I have a
>copy of 98 and could no doubt get a key of the net but I am wondering if
>there is a way to re-install with out using a dodgy key.

Did you mean "without using a dodgy key"?

Yes there is. Get a keyfinder program.

>cheers,
>
>chris

-Barry
========

The Nolalu Barn Owl

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:17:18 +1100, Barry OGrady
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 19:49:37 -0000, "chrisj" <aa@rrrse> wrote:
>
>The subject does not parse. Did you mean "Anyway, to get Win98 cd key
>from the installed OS?", or did you mean "Any way to get Win98 cd key
>from the installed OS?"
>
>>Hi, I need to re-install 98 on sombodys computer and they dont have the
>>original disks. Is it posible to get their existing key of the HD? I have a
>>copy of 98 and could no doubt get a key of the net but I am wondering if
>>there is a way to re-install with out using a dodgy key.

>Did you mean "without using a dodgy key"?
>
>Yes there is. Get a keyfinder program.
>
>>cheers,
>>
>>chris

>-Barry
>========
>Web page: http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
>Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.

In your registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion

There is where you can find the data you require.
--
Best Regards
Gordie