Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Status Bar

Status Bar

LAD

I have IE6 and XP. Whenever I open IE6 or change sites, I lose the Status
Bar. The Status Bar is checked under View. In Explorer, I have directed all
folders be the same, with Status Bar checked. Help.

secret soul

"LAD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AcSjd.18351$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>I have IE6 and XP. Whenever I open IE6 or change sites, I lose the Status
> Bar. The Status Bar is checked under View. In Explorer, I have directed
> all
> folders be the same, with Status Bar checked. Help.

I had this problem a few months back, but the only thing that changed it was
SP2. Seems there was some sort of bug that could only be solved by tweaking
the registery - something outside of my knowledge.

IOW, I can't remember the tweak. Get SP2 if you haven't already!

**SS**

SwissTony

"LAD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AcSjd.18351$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I have IE6 and XP. Whenever I open IE6 or change sites, I lose the Status
> Bar. The Status Bar is checked under View. In Explorer, I have directed

all
> folders be the same, with Status Bar checked. Help.

open 1 instance of IE
remove the tick from status bar then close ie
open 1 instance of ie again
put the tick back then close