Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Finding A Font

Reply
Thread Tools

Finding A Font

 
 
Evil T
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2004
I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
remember the name.

I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts looks
like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close match.

Does anyone know what this web site may be?

T


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2004
Evil T wrote:

> I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
> remember the name.
>
> I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts looks
> like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close match.
>
> Does anyone know what this web site may be?


This may or may not apply. If you posted a sample to a binary group or
gave a link to an example of the font, either I or someone else could
probably help you.

http://www.font-finder.com/fonts.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Evil T
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2004

"Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Evil T wrote:
>
>> I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
>> remember the name.
>>
>> I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts
>> looks like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close
>> match.
>>
>> Does anyone know what this web site may be?

>
> This may or may not apply. If you posted a sample to a binary group or
> gave a link to an example of the font, either I or someone else could
> probably help you.
>
> http://www.font-finder.com/fonts.html


Here's a link to the file. http://www.selifesavers.co.uk/font.jpg

I'll have a look through the link you gave.

Thanks!

T


 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary G. Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2004
Evil T wrote:

>
> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Evil T wrote:
>>
>>> I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
>>> remember the name.
>>>
>>> I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts
>>> looks like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close
>>> match.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what this web site may be?

>>
>> This may or may not apply. If you posted a sample to a binary group or
>> gave a link to an example of the font, either I or someone else could
>> probably help you.
>>
>> http://www.font-finder.com/fonts.html

>
> Here's a link to the file. http://www.selifesavers.co.uk/font.jpg
>
> I'll have a look through the link you gave.
>
> Thanks!
>
> T

Not much to go on. It looks like one of the standard monospaced
typewriter-like fonts, e.g. Courier, etc. You might try googling for
"monospace fonts" ... after, that is, you look around on your own Box to
see if one of the monospaced fonts you have might fill the bill.
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
gary at donavan dot org / http:// geetee dot donavan dot org
"The two most abundant things in the universe
are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison
 
Reply With Quote
 
Evil T
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-08-2004
"Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h%Sjd.19229$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Evil T wrote:
>
>>
>> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Evil T wrote:
>>>
>>>> I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
>>>> remember the name.
>>>>
>>>> I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts
>>>> looks like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close
>>>> match.
>>>>
>>>> Does anyone know what this web site may be?


>> <snip>


>> Here's a link to the file. http://www.selifesavers.co.uk/font.jpg
>>
>> I'll have a look through the link you gave.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> T

> Not much to go on. It looks like one of the standard monospaced
> typewriter-like fonts, e.g. Courier, etc. You might try googling for
> "monospace fonts" ... after, that is, you look around on your own Box to
> see if one of the monospaced fonts you have might fill the bill.
>

<snip>

Thanks, my own machine has been reformatted since then.

I've removed the colouring behind it, so only the black writing is on the
image link below.

The font is too complicated to be courier, it's a non standard one on a
Windows OS.

www.selifesavers.co.uk/font2.jpg


 
Reply With Quote
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-09-2004
Evil T wrote:
> I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
> remember the name.


> I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts looks
> like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close match.


> Does anyone know what this web site may be?


http://www.identifont.com

Use the "Identify a font" link, and answer a series of quesitons that
will narrow down the fonts to a group which may contain the one you are
looking for.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Go Blue
 
Reply With Quote
 
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-09-2004
Evil T wrote:
> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Evil T wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
>>>remember the name.
>>>
>>>I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts
>>>looks like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close
>>>match.
>>>
>>>Does anyone know what this web site may be?

>>
>>This may or may not apply. If you posted a sample to a binary group or
>>gave a link to an example of the font, either I or someone else could
>>probably help you.
>>
>>http://www.font-finder.com/fonts.html

>
>
> Here's a link to the file. http://www.selifesavers.co.uk/font.jpg
>
> I'll have a look through the link you gave.
>
> Thanks!
>
> T
>
>

Haven't found the exact one. Here's some similar ones:
http://www.fontpool.com/fonts/coniglio/passport.html
http://www.fontpool.com/fonts/ef/mono.html
http://www.free-typewriter-fonts.com/Fonts.html (Typewriter Oldstyle
looks closest)
http://www.vintagetype.com/vintagetypewriter/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary G. Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-09-2004
Evil T wrote:

> The font is too complicated to be courier, it's a non standard one on a
> Windows OS.


I think that what you are seeing as "complexity" is only intentional
blurring of the letters to resemble the print from a manual typewriter with
dirty type bars, which tends to fill in the inside of letters and smudge
their outlines. Others have pointed you in various directions which should
prove productive; this is just a data point for you.
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
gary at donavan dot org / http:// geetee dot donavan dot org
"The two most abundant things in the universe
are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison
 
Reply With Quote
 
Evil T
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-09-2004

"Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Evil T wrote:
>> I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
>> remember the name.

>
>> I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts
>> looks
>> like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close match.

>
>> Does anyone know what this web site may be?

>
> http://www.identifont.com
>
> Use the "Identify a font" link, and answer a series of quesitons that
> will narrow down the fonts to a group which may contain the one you are
> looking for.
>
> --
> Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
>
> Go Blue


That's the site!! Brilliant, thanks Blinky!!


 
Reply With Quote
 
Evil T
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-09-2004

"Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Evil T wrote:
>> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Evil T wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>I'm searching for a font I used a while ago in a rollover GIF but can't
>>>>remember the name.
>>>>
>>>>I recall a web site where it asks you questions about what the fonts
>>>>looks like and eventually gives you either the font name or a close
>>>>match.
>>>>
>>>>Does anyone know what this web site may be?
>>>
>>>This may or may not apply. If you posted a sample to a binary group or
>>>gave a link to an example of the font, either I or someone else could
>>>probably help you.
>>>
>>>http://www.font-finder.com/fonts.html

>>
>>
>> Here's a link to the file. http://www.selifesavers.co.uk/font.jpg
>>
>> I'll have a look through the link you gave.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> T

> Haven't found the exact one. Here's some similar ones:
> http://www.fontpool.com/fonts/coniglio/passport.html
> http://www.fontpool.com/fonts/ef/mono.html
> http://www.free-typewriter-fonts.com/Fonts.html (Typewriter Oldstyle looks
> closest)
> http://www.vintagetype.com/vintagetypewriter/


Excellent, thank you!!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swing Font, it's Java Font? ot native? how install new font? mttc Java 2 07-03-2009 07:29 PM
How to get the text in html tag.like<div...><font...>Text</font></ =?Utf-8?B?Tmlja3k=?= ASP .Net 2 02-20-2005 03:03 PM
Font class, external font files question Karl Hungus ASP .Net 1 02-04-2004 04:26 PM
JavaRE 1.4.2 font alias in /lib/font.properties (Linux) Nick Spinel Java 0 07-25-2003 08:28 AM
physical font specified but true type font file not available Michael Glavitsch Java 1 07-15-2003 07:09 PM



Advertisments