Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wireless Mouse Bluetooth or Traditional

Wireless Mouse Bluetooth or Traditional

Greg

I was looking at getting a wireless mouse for my notebook. Is there any
difference in performance between one that relies on a radio signal compared
to Bluetooth? Bluetooth, obviously, has the ability to communicate with
other Bluetooth enabled objects. And the range seems to be much further than
the typical wireless mouse. I guess I want to know if the extra cost is
worth it? My notebook already has wireless b/g. And I don't really see
Bluetooth being used for anything else other than the mouse.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

I do suppose if I upgrade to another mouse and have the Bluetooth dongle
then all I have to do is just get the mouse. Unlike a regular wireless mouse
that seems to require you to purchase the receiver as well as the mouse.

Fred

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was looking at getting a wireless mouse for my notebook. Is there any
> difference in performance between one that relies on a radio signal

compared
> to Bluetooth? Bluetooth, obviously, has the ability to communicate with
> other Bluetooth enabled objects. And the range seems to be much further

than
> the typical wireless mouse. I guess I want to know if the extra cost is
> worth it? My notebook already has wireless b/g. And I don't really see
> Bluetooth being used for anything else other than the mouse.
>
> Any suggestions would be helpful.
>
> I do suppose if I upgrade to another mouse and have the Bluetooth dongle
> then all I have to do is just get the mouse. Unlike a regular wireless

mouse
> that seems to require you to purchase the receiver as well as the mouse.

Personally, I just went to office depot and got the Kensington mouse. It
uses a separate usb dongle, but works great - I didn't see any use for
bluetooth, as my notebook already had built in wireless. Neat thing about
the mouse I got - the usb dongle slid into a slot in the mouse when not in
use. Putting away the receiver also turned off the power in the mouse -
saves batteries.

Hope this helps!

Fred.

Here is a link to the mouse:

http://www.officedepot.ca/ddSKU.do?l...1012_SK_432280

Ray

I would probably go with a optical mouse, either ps/2 or usb. Wireless is
cool but if you think about it, your working off a notebook and when you are
running off of battery power, the wireless mouse or bluetooth one would suck
up battery power faster than a ps/2 or usb mouse.

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was looking at getting a wireless mouse for my notebook. Is there any
> difference in performance between one that relies on a radio signal

compared
> to Bluetooth? Bluetooth, obviously, has the ability to communicate with
> other Bluetooth enabled objects. And the range seems to be much further

than
> the typical wireless mouse. I guess I want to know if the extra cost is
> worth it? My notebook already has wireless b/g. And I don't really see
> Bluetooth being used for anything else other than the mouse.
>
> Any suggestions would be helpful.
>
> I do suppose if I upgrade to another mouse and have the Bluetooth dongle
> then all I have to do is just get the mouse. Unlike a regular wireless

mouse
> that seems to require you to purchase the receiver as well as the mouse.

Greg

Thanks. So the mouse you got isn't a Bluetooth? It's a plain jane wireless
with a USB receiver?