Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > EPOX 8RDA+ and XP1800+ temp question

EPOX 8RDA+ and XP1800+ temp question

Hugh Sutherland

I have the abonve board and chip and my cpu temp is usually 49 degree
celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan. Is
this a normal temp?

Hugh

why?

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:09:27 -0500, Hugh Sutherland wrote:

>I have the abonve board and chip and my cpu temp is usually 49 degree
>celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan. Is
>this a normal temp?

See the previous posts in 24hshd asking the same
question. http://groups.google.com/groups?grou...pport.helpdesk

Check the AMD Tech docs
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...9_3748,00.html

Me

staple

"Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bLNjd.5897$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have the abonve board and chip and my cpu temp is usually 49 degree
> celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan. Is
> this a normal temp?
>
> Hugh

Up to 60 C is safe for that CPU, if that's too hot for you, consider an
aftermarket cooling solution. Thermaltake makes some nice ones.

Hugh Sutherland

THE FAN on the CPU blows cool air onto the block which is normal. How
should my other fans be blowing air? My side panel fan was blowing air out,
but I turned it around to suck cool air in and blow on M/B and CPU.
Is ths ok to have it suck air in or blow out for this side panel fan.
Also I am planning to get a fan for the back of the case and fit it below
the P/S. Should it blow out or suck air in?

Same question for fan in front of case?

Hugh

"Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bLNjd.5897$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have the abonve board and chip and my cpu temp is usually 49 degree
> celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan. Is
> this a normal temp?
>
> Hugh

why?

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:19:55 -0500, Hugh Sutherland wrote:

>THE FAN on the CPU blows cool air onto the block which is normal. How
>should my other fans be blowing air? My side panel fan was blowing air out,
>but I turned it around to suck cool air in and blow on M/B and CPU.
>Is ths ok to have it suck air in or blow out for this side panel fan.
>Also I am planning to get a fan for the back of the case and fit it below
>the P/S. Should it blow out or suck air in?

See the AMD www.amd.com tech docs, one of the papers shows case air flow
diagrams.

If that's a bit difficult,
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...30_182,00.html

See the options

System Building

Building an AMD processor based PC? Find recommended component lists and
other documentation to help build, upgrade or optimize your system.

* System Building Guide
* System Component Information
(Motherboards, Heatsinks, etc...)
* AMD Athlon XP Recommended Motherboards

Even more of a hint,

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...2_9339,00.html

System Building Guide

Find documentation on building and installing a reliable and stable
computer system.

* Processor and heatsink installation Video
* AMD Athlon XP Build and Installation Guide
* AMD Athlon MP Build and Installation Guide

The 2nd link from the list above,
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...5E1065,00.html

Pick one,

Build & Installation Guides Publication # Revision Issue Date

Builders Guide for Desktop/Tower Systems 26003 A 05/10/02

AMD Thermal, Mechanical, and Chassis Cooling Design Guide 23794 H
11/29/02

Socket A AMD Processor and Heatsink Installation Guide 23986
12/01/00

One Page AMD Athlon™ and AMD Duron™ Processor-Based System Build
Checklist 24387 A 10/01/00

AMD Athlon™ Processor System Cooling Guidelines N/A 04/01/00

FAQs and Recommendations for an AMD Athlon™ Processor-Based Computer N/A
02/01/00

If that still doesn't answer your question try the document, note the
filename at the end.

summary
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...ling_guide.pdf
from
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...docs/23794.pdf

>Same question for fan in front of case?

Also try Google,
Web Results 1 - 10 of about 283,000 English pages for
air flow side case fan
(0.23 seconds)

http://www.overclockers.com/tips824/
http://forums.devhardware.com/archive/t-25622
http://forum.pcstats.com/archive/index.php/t-25319.html

>Hugh
>

>"Hugh Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bLNjd.5897$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I have the abonve board and chip and my cpu temp is usually 49 degree
>> celcius and sometimes goes up to 50 or 51. I am using the stock fan. Is
>> this a normal temp?

Me