Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Language British English Spell Check American

Language British English Spell Check American

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

I have the British language on my computer but the spell check is
supporting American. How could I change spell check to English as well?

Rajinder

WormWood

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:AhKjd.78$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Hi,
|
| I have the British language on my computer but the spell check is
| supporting American. How could I change spell check to English as
well?

| Rajinder

English (British)
You don't need a spell checkere if you memourise a few rules.
1. Colour, not 'color.'
2. Theatre, not 'theater'
3. Paediatrics, not 'pediatrics'
4. Realise, not 'realize'
5. Petrol, not 'gasoline'
6. Oops!

So, there you have it.
That's the lot.
Right.

Scrote

WormWood wrote:
>> "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:AhKjd.78$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have the British language on my computer but the spell check is
>>> supporting American. How could I change spell check to English as
>>> well?
>>>
>>> Rajinder
>>>

>> English (British)
>> You don't need a spell checkere if you memourise a few rules.
>> 1. Colour, not 'color.'
>> 2. Theatre, not 'theater'
>> 3. Paediatrics, not 'pediatrics'
>> 4. Realise, not 'realize'
>> 5. Petrol, not 'gasoline'
>> 6. Oops!
>>
>> So, there you have it.
>> That's the lot.
>> Right.

Armour/Armor
Cheque/Check
etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum
--
You can lead a man to Congress, but you can't make him think.
-- Milton Berle

David Griffin

Nappy / Diaper(sp)?????
Aluminium / Aluminum
Boot / Trunk
Bonnet / Hood

"Scrote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> WormWood wrote:
>>> "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:AhKjd.78$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> English (British)
>>> You don't need a spell checkere if you memourise a few rules.
>>> 1. Colour, not 'color.'
>>> 2. Theatre, not 'theater'
>>> 3. Paediatrics, not 'pediatrics'
>>> 4. Realise, not 'realize'
>>> 5. Petrol, not 'gasoline'
>>> 6. Oops!
>>>
>>> So, there you have it.
>>> That's the lot.
>>> Right.

> Armour/Armor
> Cheque/Check
> etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum
> --
> You can lead a man to Congress, but you can't make him think.
> -- Milton Berle

trout

David Griffin wrote:

> Nappy / Diaper(sp)?????
> Boot / Trunk
> Bonnet / Hood

That *would* be quite the spell-checker that could correct those.
--
"Change 'elevator' to 'lift'? OK."

Toolman Tim

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| David Griffin wrote:
|
| > Nappy / Diaper(sp)?????
| > Boot / Trunk
| > Bonnet / Hood
|
| That *would* be quite the spell-checker that could correct those.
| --
| "Change 'elevator' to 'lift'? OK."

torch / flashlight...and the list goes on <g>

Toolman Tim

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:AhKjd.78$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Hi,
|
| I have the British language on my computer but the spell check is
| supporting American. How could I change spell check to English as well?
|
| Rajinder

Could you possibly tell us *WHAT* spell check program? (Duh...telling you
how to change the spell check program for Word Perfect 12.0 wouldn't be much
help if you're using Lotus WordPro 9, now would it?)

Why do you insist on posting questions here without providing the basic
information needed to help someone help you?

x@y

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message news:AhKjd.78$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have the British language on my computer but the spell check
> is
> supporting American. How could I change spell check to English
> as well?
>
> Rajinder

Hello "Rajinder"!!
The spell check comes with the word processor,
maybe You have one of Microsoft's, in Your Computer.
I would look for a British word processor that has a
British spell check. Or search on Google just for a British
spell check. LOLuck x@y.