Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Korg SP-500 Creating Custom Rhythm Style

Korg SP-500 Creating Custom Rhythm Style

Gary Plotkin

Either I don't understand directions for creating a custom rhythm
style or the SP-500 is severely limited. When I go to step 3, the
instruction book says to select the rhythm style that will be the copy
source. The source that I want to alter, for example, is R&B/Rock
(6/8 Blues), but that doesn't come up as a choice. Am I doing
something wrong?

Dr Hackenbush

"Gary Plotkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Either I don't understand directions for creating a custom rhythm
> style or the SP-500 is severely limited. When I go to step 3, the
> instruction book says to select the rhythm style that will be the copy
> source. The source that I want to alter, for example, is R&B/Rock
> (6/8 Blues), but that doesn't come up as a choice.

Am I doing something wrong?

Yes I think youre posting in the wrong group !!

°Mike°

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 18:49:58 GMT, in
<q7ujd.102$(E-Mail Removed)>
Dr Hackenbush scrawled:

>"Gary Plotkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
>> Either I don't understand directions for creating a custom rhythm
>> style or the SP-500 is severely limited. When I go to step 3, the
>> instruction book says to select the rhythm style that will be the copy
>> source. The source that I want to alter, for example, is R&B/Rock
>> (6/8 Blues), but that doesn't come up as a choice.

> Am I doing something wrong?
>
>Yes I think youre posting in the wrong group !!

Why?

--
Basic computer maintenance

Toolman Tim

"Dr Hackenbush" <(E-Mail Removed)_INVALID> wrote in
message news:q7ujd.102$(E-Mail Removed)...

| "Gary Plotkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
| > Either I don't understand directions for creating a custom rhythm
| > style or the SP-500 is severely limited. When I go to step 3, the
| > instruction book says to select the rhythm style that will be the copy
| > source. The source that I want to alter, for example, is R&B/Rock
| > (6/8 Blues), but that doesn't come up as a choice.
|

| Am I doing something wrong?
|
| Yes I think youre posting in the wrong group !!

Just because YOU don't know a Korg from a Klingon -- don't take that
personal...I'm trying to be funny ;p

Maybe you could have suggested a different newsgroup for Gary to try? I
searched my newsgroup list for "synth" and got these (plus some
brand-specific) groups:

alt.music.makers.synth
rec.music.makers.synth

Dr Hackenbush

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dr Hackenbush" <(E-Mail Removed)_INVALID> wrote in
> message news:q7ujd.102$(E-Mail Removed)...
> |
> | "Gary Plotkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> | > Either I don't understand directions for creating a custom rhythm
> | > style or the SP-500 is severely limited. When I go to step 3, the
> | > instruction book says to select the rhythm style that will be the copy
> | > source. The source that I want to alter, for example, is R&B/Rock
> | > (6/8 Blues), but that doesn't come up as a choice.
> |

> | Am I doing something wrong?
> |
> | Yes I think youre posting in the wrong group !!
> |

> Just because YOU don't know a Korg from a Klingon -- don't take that
> personal...I'm trying to be funny ;p

I have only been a musician for around 30 years and i have owned more Korgs
than YOU have probably had hot dinners !

> Maybe you could have suggested a different newsgroup for Gary to try? I
> searched my newsgroup list for "synth" and got these (plus some
> brand-specific) groups:

Hurrah for you, take a pat on the back
I could have, but at the time I was busy transcribing a song for someone in
alt.guitar.tab

> alt.music.makers.synth
> rec.music.makers.synth

Old Gringo

Gary Plotkin wrote:
> Either I don't understand directions for creating a custom rhythm
> style or the SP-500 is severely limited. When I go to step 3, the
> instruction book says to select the rhythm style that will be the copy
> source. The source that I want to alter, for example, is R&B/Rock
> (6/8 Blues), but that doesn't come up as a choice. Am I doing
> something wrong?

I'll bet these people can help you:

Old Gringo George
Just West Of Nowhere