Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Overlapping fonts in IE

Overlapping fonts in IE

Chloe

Hi group
Some pages in my Internet Explorer are now appearing in massive fonts which
overlap with each other and obliterating adjacent words. Anyone know how to
fix?

TIA

Chloe

°Mike°

View / Text Size ... Adjust to your liking.
You can also use CTRL+Middle Mouse Scroll button
to increase/reduce text size.

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:03:37 -0000, in
<cmlkd0$evs$(E-Mail Removed)>
Chloe scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Chloe

No Mike, I mean REALLY big fonts, like about 1 letter per page, and I've a
19" screen! It must be corrupted somewhere.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> View / Text Size ... Adjust to your liking.
> You can also use CTRL+Middle Mouse Scroll button
> to increase/reduce text size.
>

> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:03:37 -0000, in
> <cmlkd0$evs$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Chloe scrawled:
>
> >Hi group
> >Some pages in my Internet Explorer are now appearing in massive fonts

which
> >overlap with each other and obliterating adjacent words. Anyone know how

> >fix?
> >
> >TIA
> >
> >Chloe
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Still, you say that this only happens on SOME pages
in Internet Explorer, which suggests that it's a setting
at fault, and not your fonts. Have you tried repairing
Internet Explorer?

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 18:31:35 -0000, in
<cmlpht$q50$(E-Mail Removed)>
Chloe scrawled:

>No Mike, I mean REALLY big fonts, like about 1 letter per page,
>and I've a 19" screen! It must be corrupted somewhere.

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> View / Text Size ... Adjust to your liking.
>> You can also use CTRL+Middle Mouse Scroll button
>> to increase/reduce text size.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

why?

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 18:31:35 -0000, Chloe wrote:

>No Mike, I mean REALLY big fonts, like about 1 letter per page, and I've a
>19" screen! It must be corrupted somewhere.

What sites?

What version of IE?

I think I saw something similar a long time ago, but can't remember what
is was yet. Maybe a look at the site you have problems with may help.

Have you tried another browser?

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> View / Text Size ... Adjust to your liking.
>> You can also use CTRL+Middle Mouse Scroll button
>> to increase/reduce text size.
>>

>> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:03:37 -0000, in
>> <cmlkd0$evs$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Chloe scrawled:
>>
>> >Hi group
>> >Some pages in my Internet Explorer are now appearing in massive fonts

>which
>> >overlap with each other and obliterating adjacent words. Anyone know how

<snip>

Me