Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Macromedia flash player

Macromedia flash player

Dave Croft

Is there any way of preventing this unwanted program from appearing
several times when visiting websites.
The sites work fine without the annoying program.
I suppose I could download it but I don't want to see the video crap that it
would generate.
TIA

--
Dave Croft
Warrington

°Mike°

Are you talking about the prompt to install
Macromedia Flash?

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:21:04 -0000, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Dave Croft scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Dave Croft

"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:41932831.5637390@localhost...
> Are you talking about the prompt to install
> Macromedia Flash?

Yes, That is what is annoying me.
--
Dave Croft

°Mike°

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 14:11:10 -0000, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Dave Croft scrawled:

>> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:21:04 -0000, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Dave Croft scrawled:
>> >Is there any way of preventing this unwanted program from appearing
>> >several times when visiting websites.
>> >The sites work fine without the annoying program.
>> >I suppose I could download it but I don't want to see the video crap that it
>> >would generate.

>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:41932831.5637390@localhost...
>> Are you talking about the prompt to install
>> Macromedia Flash?

>Yes, That is what is annoying me.

Then change your ActiveX security settings in I.E.,
Install Macromedia, or don't visit Flash-laden sites.

--
Basic computer maintenance