Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > memory

memory

Michael

Can someone tell me what ram i need for my Dell Dimension 8100 which is 3
years old now,i know its RDRAM but which?

pel

why?

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:00:54 -0000, Michael wrote:

>Can someone tell me what ram i need for my Dell Dimension 8100 which is 3
>years old now,i know its RDRAM but which?

Try,
www.dell.com , support and enter the service tag.

Memory search,
http://www.kingston.com/

http://www.memory-express.co.uk/default.asp

Me

BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ

Michael wrote:

> Can someone tell me what ram i need for my Dell Dimension 8100 which is 3
> years old now,i know its RDRAM but which?

According to CNet:
http://reviews.cnet.com/512MB_DELL_D...7-4935114.html

Memory
RAM type DRAM
RAM technology RDRAM (RAMBUS)
Bus Clock Rate 800 MHz
Form Factor RIMM 184-pin

CNet also lists some prices at roughly $150 USD for a 256MB module.
http://shopper.cnet.com/Simple_Techn...derby=90&sort=

BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
(BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

Arnas J Arnas J is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael
Can someone tell me what ram i need for my Dell Dimension 8100 which is 3
years old now,i know its RDRAM but which?

pel
Hey Michael,

I suppose you've found an answer to your question long ago, but in case you'll have more doubts regarding the memory in the future, try http://www.memory.co.uk . I am sure you'll find all the answers there.
Take care.