Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USB prob / Win98 orig vers

USB prob / Win98 orig vers

Geno Ardi

>There is a strong possibility that the Ali drivers for the USB are not in
>your system's CAB files. You might want to check for updates to the Ali
>chipset for your motherboard. If you don't know what the motherboard is,
>download Belarc Advisor www.belarc.com and it should tell you. Then you may
>need to go to either the manufactures website, or to Ali's websiite.

I'll try that. It's an IBM Thinkpad laptop, and I don't think IBM
supports it anymore.

>I wouldn't delete the drivers until you were sure you had the replacements
>ready.

Gotcha.

Geno Ardi

>Oh - and run the CD from Epson. The drivers on the website are quite
>possibly UPDATES only and don't include the entire setup. I know that for a
>fact, since I've been having problems with my Epson scanner <g>

Would they do that w/o telling you? hmmmmm

I will run the disk tho

Geno Ardi

>There is a strong possibility that the Ali drivers for the USB are not in
>your system's CAB files.

>I wouldn't delete the drivers until you were sure you had the replacements
>ready.

I have anr XP computer (not here tho) where I've had occasional
lockups while using an HP ISB printer (mdl 1000), and tech srvc has
had me delete ALL USB drivers, reboot and let XP reinstall them,
then reinstall the HP printer drivers. It works, but I don't know if
it will work in this instance. One way to find out tho ....

trout

G. Morgan wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 20:30:51 -0800 "Geno Ardi"
> used 35 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
>
>> I've heard that installing WIN98SE cures this, but don't have it to
>> install. I know that XP will fix it, but this computer only has 64
>> meg, a 2.0 gig hard drive, and a 366 Celeron processor.

> Check out this thread:

> How do you like your trout?

Trolling me now, Thief?
--
"What a wad."

trout

Geno Ardi wrote:

>> Check out this thread:

> I may go that routel
>
>> How do you like your trout?

> I't OK.

What the ethically-challenged Mr. Morgan has failed to mention:
While he is pleased with his ability to skirt the letter of the law (so
far), and only post links to other people's acts of theft; as an end
user, you *would* be legally liable for installing this software.
http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/how_types.mspx
--
"Do you believe that Microsoft isn't aware of these things?"