Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Copy Files Tree W/O the Files

Copy Files Tree W/O the Files

Toolman Tim

Huh? What the h*** are you trying to do? You've posted this 3 times (at
least) in the last week or so. Step by step...describe what you have now,
and what you WANT to have when you get done. Take it slow...it's a weekend
and I'm trying to relax...

"Luke O'Malley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fdcjd.38822$(E-Mail Removed). net...
| Does anyone know how to copy a directory without copying the actual
| files - or does everyone know how to do it except me?
|
| Goodwill,
| Luke

The Old Sourdough

Luke O'Malley gibbered the following deranged nonsense:
> -->>>>>>> Next Section <<<<<<<
>
> Does anyone know how to copy a directory without copying the actual
> files - or does everyone know how to do it except me?
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke

What OS?

--
The Old Sourdough
BEER!! The staff of life!!

127.0.0.1

"Luke O'Malley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fdcjd.38822$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> Does anyone know how to copy a directory without copying the actual
> files - or does everyone know how to do it except me?
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke

in DOS window:
xcopy exclude:filestring

c:\help xcopy

-a|ex

trout

Luke O'Malley wrote:

> Does anyone know how to copy a directory without copying the actual
> files - or does everyone know how to do it except me?
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke

Not exactly sure what you mean either. But if it happens to be that
you want a copy of (the names in) a file tree....
maybe Directory Printer would help:
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp
--
"Also, your lucky number is 3."

dadiOH

Luke O'Malley wrote:
> Does anyone know how to copy a directory without copying the actual
> files - or does everyone know how to do it except me?

A perfectly valid request. And easy to do with TreeCopy...
http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/utility/

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...