Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Date transfer speed

Date transfer speed

Colin Williams

I need to compare the date transfer speed of my laptop and my other home PC.
Both are on XP Home. Can you please tell me how to call up this information
?

Many Thanks in advance

Colin Williams

why?

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 16:58:40 GMT, Colin Williams wrote:

Data transfer speed?

Try Right click on the task bar, select Task Manager, then the
Networking tab. (Assuming XP Pro is like XP Home for that)

>I need to compare the date transfer speed of my laptop and my other home PC.
>Both are on XP Home. Can you please tell me how to call up this information

Do you mean from the laptop to the other home PC?

What's your issue? A lot depends on file size and method used.

What speed / duplex / how are they connected?

www.Google.com for pcattcp. That will attempt to do a single shot max
speed possible test. Change the settings for larger data sample and/or
continous mode.

Me