Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

127.0.0.1

"Edward W. Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:08:52 GMT, "127.0.0.1" <get.rooted@localhost>
> wrote:
>

>>"Robert Marshall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:Zu6jd.2511$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> could only find 1 message from mike.
>>>
>>> please help.
>>>
>>> google was not much help.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> rm
>>> "samuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>chkdsk /r
>>defrag
>>ad-aware
>>zonealarm
>>ghost
>>secondary drive
>>barts PE cd
>>
>>that should be all you need to keep your system healthy
>>
>>-a|ex
>>

> No AVP?

when i had win98, i never used AV because it caused more problems than the
virus itself.
newer machines should have no problems running AV.

when i suspect infection, an image restore was much cleaner and quicker than
virus removal itself.

-a|ex