Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Nero won't burn an ISO

Nero won't burn an ISO

Willy Nilly

I've got an 809 MB ISO image that I want to burn to DVD+R, but Nero
refuses, saying that it cannot write to the media. Other ISOs have
all burned fine, and have been larger in size (around 2 GB each).
I am using the exact same media for all burns too. Size seems to be
the reason for the refusal... any ideas on how to force it to burn?

Walter Mautner

Willy Nilly wrote:

> I've got an 809 MB ISO image that I want to burn to DVD+R, but Nero
> refuses, saying that it cannot write to the media. Other ISOs have
> all burned fine, and have been larger in size (around 2 GB each).
> I am using the exact same media for all burns too. Size seems to be
> the reason for the refusal... any ideas on how to force it to burn?

You might check the iso for completeness or download errors. Most probably
you can get a md5sum and compare (there are programs for windows to do
that), or use some thing like winiso or daemon/virtualcd to (try to) mount
and check out that iso first, before you attempt to burn it.
*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*your*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt*[LinuxCounter#295241]

Willy Nilly

Walter Mautner wrote:

> You might check the iso for completeness or download errors.

It's an ISO that I created, so there's no errors with it.

Walter Mautner

Willy Nilly wrote:

> Walter Mautner wrote:
>
>> You might check the iso for completeness or download errors.

> It's an ISO that I created, so there's no errors with it.

Hopefully, but sometimes sh*t hits the fan. Test it with some program that's
able to mount it (maybe nero virtual drive can also mount the iso).
*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*your*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt*[LinuxCounter#295241]

*****General

"Walter Mautner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Willy Nilly wrote:
>
> > Walter Mautner wrote:
> >
> >> You might check the iso for completeness or download errors.

> > It's an ISO that I created, so there's no errors with it.

> Hopefully, but sometimes sh*t hits the fan. Test it with some program

that's
> able to mount it (maybe nero virtual drive can also mount the iso).
> --

I prolly am wrong on this but doesn't a *.iso file have to have a
corresponding *.cue or *.bin file for Nero to burn it.

Walter Mautner

*****General wrote:
> I prolly am wrong on this but doesn't a *.iso file have to have a
> corresponding *.cue or *.bin file for Nero to burn it.

No, the iso file doesn't need a cue file. Btw. most cue files (the small
ones) contain not much more then the name of the *.bin or *.img file to
burn

*****General wrote:

> I prolly am wrong on this but doesn't a *.iso file have to have a
> corresponding *.cue or *.bin file for Nero to burn it.

No. Recall that I said it burns my other self-created ISOs with no
problem... the only difference is the size of them. For some reason,
Nero doesn't want to burn this smaller one.

Trichoplusia Corneus

*****General <*****(E-Mail Removed)> stuttered:

> I prolly am wrong on this but...

why set out to prove it?