Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Web Crawler / Spider Commercial Software Info Request

Web Crawler / Spider Commercial Software Info Request

Gray Ghost

All~

I'm looking for a web crawling or web spidering program in the
commercial market. If anyone knows of anything it would be greatly
appreciated if you might bring it to light.

I know of Tennyson Maxwell Technologies' Teleport Software, but I was
looking for competitors' software and haven't been able to find any.

Many thanks for any help that you all can supply.

Gray Ghost

Sano

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 00:05:03 -0500, Gray Ghost wrote:

> All~
>
> I'm looking for a web crawling or web spidering program in the
> commercial market. If anyone knows of anything it would be greatly
> appreciated if you might bring it to light.
>
> I know of Tennyson Maxwell Technologies' Teleport Software, but I was
> looking for competitors' software and haven't been able to find any.
>
> Many thanks for any help that you all can supply.

I don't know squat about webcrawlers but
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_crawler has a few selection/ links at the
bottom of the page.

Nov2004 CPU mag mentions the Alexa toolbar. It has Traffic Rank, uses
Google as it's base.