Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Changing Default Email Program

Changing Default Email Program

Pop Aye

I'd like to change my default Email program from Outlook Express to
Agent, but I can't seem to get it done.

I'm running Win XP Pro (Svc Pak 2), OE6, and Agent 2.0/32.652.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

Freddy

Control panel (catergory view) /internet options/programs/select email
preferred as default.

"Pop Aye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'd like to change my default Email program from Outlook Express to
> Agent, but I can't seem to get it done.
>
> I'm running Win XP Pro (Svc Pak 2), OE6, and Agent 2.0/32.652.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> TIA

WormWood

<Top posting fixed for continuity>

"Freddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
| Control panel (catergory view) /internet options/programs/select email
| preferred as default.

Agent may not be in that list.

°Mike°

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 00:14:38 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
WormWood scrawled:

><Top posting fixed for continuity>
> "Pop Aye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>| > I'd like to change my default Email program from Outlook Express to
>| > Agent, but I can't seem to get it done.
>| >
>| > I'm running Win XP Pro (Svc Pak 2), OE6, and Agent 2.0/32.652.
>| >
>| > Any help appreciated.
>| >
>| > TIA
>

>"Freddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>| Control panel (catergory view) /internet options/programs/select email
>| preferred as default.
>|
>Agent may not be in that list.

Any properly installed mail client will be in that list,
Agent included.

--
Basic computer maintenance

WormWood

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 00:14:38 -0500, in
| <(E-Mail Removed)>
| WormWood scrawled:
|
| ><Top posting fixed for continuity>

| >"Freddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
| >| Control panel (catergory view) /internet options/programs/select
email
| >| preferred as default.
| >|
| >Agent may not be in that list.
|
| Any properly installed mail client will be in that list,
| Agent included.

I took another look and sure enough, Mozilla, which I had not noticed
being there before, was an email option and html editor. I was assuming
only MS clients were listed. Thanks, °Mike°.

°Mike°

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 02:14:34 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
WormWood scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>

>| Any properly installed mail client will be in that list,
>| Agent included.
>|

>I took another look and sure enough, Mozilla, which I had not noticed
>being there before, was an email option and html editor. I was assuming
>only MS clients were listed. Thanks, °Mike°.

No problem.

--
Basic computer maintenance