Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > links don't work

links don't work

George

I use OE6 and IE6. In email and newsgroups when I click on a link, the
window blinks but the link doesn't work. Links from web pages don't work
either. Where is the check box?? IE6 works but links don't.

°Mike°

You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or
nothing occurs after you click a link
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not
Start Web Browser

OLEXP Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in
Outlook Express

Nothing happens when you click a link
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

BUG: Microsoft Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page
While It Uses an HTTP 1.0 Request in a WinInet Application
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816405

HTML Pages Only Partially Appear, HTML Pages Do Not Appear,
or the Network Stops Responding
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823386

Current Web Page Is Blank After Opening an Outlook-- URI
from Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257136

Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page and May Appear to
Stop Responding on Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832624

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:51:44 -0600, in
<Ydsid.13480$233.7998@okepread05>
George scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

George

Hey Mike - it was a struggle cause I has to copy and paste the links to open
them. I'm not sure which one got the links to work but they do. Now, I
find that my search function doesn't work. Do you have a link to help me
make that thing come back? Thanks.

> You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or
> nothing occurs after you click a link
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
>
> OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not
> Start Web Browser
>
> OLEXP Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in
> Outlook Express
>
> Nothing happens when you click a link
> http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
>
> BUG: Microsoft Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page
> While It Uses an HTTP 1.0 Request in a WinInet Application
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816405
>
> HTML Pages Only Partially Appear, HTML Pages Do Not Appear,
> or the Network Stops Responding
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823386
>
> Current Web Page Is Blank After Opening an Outlook-- URI
> from Internet Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257136
>
> Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page and May Appear to
> Stop Responding on Windows 2000
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832624
>

> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:51:44 -0600, in
> <Ydsid.13480$233.7998@okepread05>
> George scrawled:
>
> >I use OE6 and IE6. In email and newsgroups when I click on a link, the
> >window blinks but the link doesn't work. Links from web pages don't work
> >either. Where is the check box?? IE6 works but links don't.
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

samuel

http://www.google.com/microsoft.html
http://www.google.com

>> You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or
>> nothing occurs after you click a link
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
>>
>> OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not
>> Start Web Browser
>>
>> OLEXP Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in
>> Outlook Express
>>
>> Nothing happens when you click a link
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
>>
>> BUG: Microsoft Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page
>> While It Uses an HTTP 1.0 Request in a WinInet Application
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816405
>>
>> HTML Pages Only Partially Appear, HTML Pages Do Not Appear, or
>> the Network Stops Responding
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823386
>>
>> Current Web Page Is Blank After Opening an Outlook-- URI
>> from Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257136
>>
>> Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page and May Appear to
>> Stop Responding on Windows 2000
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832624
>>

>> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:51:44 -0600, in
>> <Ydsid.13480$233.7998@okepread05>
>> George scrawled:
>>
>> >I use OE6 and IE6. In email and newsgroups when I click on a
>> >link, the window blinks but the link doesn't work. Links from
>> >web pages don't work either. Where is the check box?? IE6
>> >works but links don't.
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

I suggest that you forget the useless XP search
feature, and go for one that works, and has more
options. Agent Ransack (free):
http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/default.aspx

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 18:34:17 -0600, in
<QTzid.13503$233.7261@okepread05>
George scrawled:

>Hey Mike - it was a struggle cause I has to copy and paste the links to open
>them. I'm not sure which one got the links to work but they do. Now, I
>find that my search function doesn't work. Do you have a link to help me
>make that thing come back? Thanks.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

George

Thanks Mike! This little program works fine. Now, can I have even more
fun? When I press "start" the xp search function is shown. It doesn't
work, so can I remove it or change it to bring up the ransack search?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I suggest that you forget the useless XP search
> feature, and go for one that works, and has more
> options. Agent Ransack (free):
> http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/default.aspx
>

> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 18:34:17 -0600, in
> <QTzid.13503$233.7261@okepread05>
> George scrawled:
>
> >Hey Mike - it was a struggle cause I has to copy and paste the links to

open
> >them. I'm not sure which one got the links to work but they do. Now, I
> >find that my search function doesn't work. Do you have a link to help me
> >make that thing come back? Thanks.

> <snip>
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Are you sure that it hasn't just been disabled?
Try opening your registry editor to the following
key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
+Software
+Microsoft
+Windows
+CurrentVersion
+Explorer
+CabinetState

In the right-hand window, look for 'Use Search Asst'
and if it's set to 'no", change it to "yes" and reboot.
If it doesn't exist, create a new string value, and
modify it to "yes".

You can save an Agent Ransack search and place
it on your Start menu for quick access.

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:28:38 -0600, in
<e_Mid.13528$233.4107@okepread05>
George scrawled:

>Thanks Mike! This little program works fine. Now, can I have even more
>fun? When I press "start" the xp search function is shown. It doesn't
>work, so can I remove it or change it to bring up the ransack search?

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I suggest that you forget the useless XP search
>> feature, and go for one that works, and has more
>> options. Agent Ransack (free):
>> http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/default.aspx
>>

>> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 18:34:17 -0600, in
>> <QTzid.13503$233.7261@okepread05>
>> George scrawled:
>>
>> >Hey Mike - it was a struggle cause I has to copy and paste the links to

>open
>> >them. I'm not sure which one got the links to work but they do. Now, I
>> >find that my search function doesn't work. Do you have a link to help me
>> >make that thing come back? Thanks.

>> <snip>
>>
>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

does any one know how to download good quality movies email me
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) plz
"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hey Mike - it was a struggle cause I has to copy and paste the links to
> open
> them. I'm not sure which one got the links to work but they do. Now, I
> find that my search function doesn't work. Do you have a link to help me
> make that thing come back? Thanks.

>> You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or
>> nothing occurs after you click a link
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
>>
>> OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not
>> Start Web Browser
>>
>> OLEXP Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in
>> Outlook Express
>>
>> Nothing happens when you click a link
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
>>
>> BUG: Microsoft Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page
>> While It Uses an HTTP 1.0 Request in a WinInet Application
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816405
>>
>> HTML Pages Only Partially Appear, HTML Pages Do Not Appear,
>> or the Network Stops Responding
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823386
>>
>> Current Web Page Is Blank After Opening an Outlook-- URI
>> from Internet Explorer
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257136
>>
>> Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page and May Appear to
>> Stop Responding on Windows 2000
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832624
>>

>> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:51:44 -0600, in
>> <Ydsid.13480$233.7998@okepread05>
>> George scrawled:
>>
>> >I use OE6 and IE6. In email and newsgroups when I click on a link, the
>> >window blinks but the link doesn't work. Links from web pages don't
>> >work
>> >either. Where is the check box?? IE6 works but links don't.
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

George

Hey - that was it! The string was missing. I wonder what happened to it.
It was working before and I sure didn't edit it out of the registry.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...