Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DSO Exploit

DSO Exploit

Michael Mc Grenaghan

How do I permanently get rid of this registry item ? Spy Bot catches
it every time. One of the support groups suggested :

"............Have "Search & Destroy" look for problems the usual way
and then (1) highlight one of the "Data source object exploit" items,
(2) Right click the highlighted item to bring up the menu list and
select "More details", (3) Now click "Jump to location", (4) You are
now viewing the Registry and can use the path shown in the Search &
Destroy window to get to the key shown, (5) I manually deleted each of
5 keys and no longer have it coming back. ............."

Only problem is when I get to where it is in the registry I can not
delete it. Does not let me.

Ideas anyone?

trout

Michael Mc Grenaghan wrote:

> How do I permanently get rid of this registry item ? Spy Bot catches
> it every time. One of the support groups suggested :
>

> "............Have "Search & Destroy" look for problems the usual way
> and then (1) highlight one of the "Data source object exploit" items,
> (2) Right click the highlighted item to bring up the menu list and
> select "More details", (3) Now click "Jump to location", (4) You are
> now viewing the Registry and can use the path shown in the Search &
> Destroy window to get to the key shown, (5) I manually deleted each of
> 5 keys and no longer have it coming back. ............."
>

> Only problem is when I get to where it is in the registry I can not
> delete it. Does not let me.
>

> Ideas anyone?

This, from °Mike° on the same subject a few days ago:
news:(E-Mail Removed)
--
"You wouldn't have needed to look too far back."

Fuzzy Logic

Michael Mc Grenaghan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> How do I permanently get rid of this registry item ? Spy Bot catches
> it every time. One of the support groups suggested :
>

> "............Have "Search & Destroy" look for problems the usual way
> and then (1) highlight one of the "Data source object exploit" items,
> (2) Right click the highlighted item to bring up the menu list and
> select "More details", (3) Now click "Jump to location", (4) You are
> now viewing the Registry and can use the path shown in the Search &
> Destroy window to get to the key shown, (5) I manually deleted each of
> 5 keys and no longer have it coming back. ............."
>

> Only problem is when I get to where it is in the registry I can not
> delete it. Does not let me.
>

> Ideas anyone?

There is a new version of Spybot that supposedly addresses this issue:

DSO Exploit William Matthewson Computer Support 3 10-30-2004 04:45 PM
What is DSO Exploit. News Computer Support 2 08-24-2004 03:28 AM
DSO Exploit??? bernard montgomery Computer Support 2 08-21-2004 10:46 AM
DSO Exploit joevan Computer Support 1 08-10-2004 04:23 PM
DSO Exploit terror!! EricP Computer Support 4 08-05-2004 07:11 PM

Advertisments