Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sound Editing Software

Sound Editing Software

rfdjr1@optonline.com

Does anyone know of any decent sound editing software, something that
I can work with mp3 or wav files, take clips out of them, fade in and
out, etc? I'd appreciate any suggestions. All I have is Creative Wave
Studio that came with my sound card. Thanks.

dadiOH

> Does anyone know of any decent sound editing software, something
> that I can work with mp3 or wav files, take clips out of them, fade
> in and out, etc? I'd appreciate any suggestions. All I have is
> Creative Wave Studio that came with my sound card. Thanks.

You should be able to do all that with what you have. Might need a separate decoder to get MP3<>WAV.

If you don't want to bother doing your own MP3<>WAV, get Audacity
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

For MP3s without having to decode/encode use MP3Trim to fade, trim, take clips, etc. Free is fine for files under 7 minutes playtime.
http://www.logiccell.com/~mp3trim/

More info in my dandies below...

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

Jim

In a word, Soundforge. Its the dogs *******s.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of any decent sound editing software, something that
> I can work with mp3 or wav files, take clips out of them, fade in and
> out, etc? I'd appreciate any suggestions. All I have is Creative Wave
> Studio that came with my sound card. Thanks.

---

Calvin Pardue

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Does anyone know of any decent sound editing software, something that
> I can work with mp3 or wav files, take clips out of them, fade in and
> out, etc? I'd appreciate any suggestions. All I have is Creative Wave
> Studio that came with my sound card. Thanks.

Cool Edit Pro

jon brookes

"Calvin Pardue" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Does anyone know of any decent sound editing software, something that
>> I can work with mp3 or wav files, take clips out of them, fade in and
>> out, etc? I'd appreciate any suggestions. All I have is Creative Wave
>> Studio that came with my sound card. Thanks.
>>

> Cool Edit Pro
> Sound Forge 7 is fantastic..

maurice

The excellent Cool Edit Pro has been bought up by Adobe who have enlarged
and renamed it Audition. Integrates into Premiere but also as a separate
stand alone application.
--
Maurice Fleisher <(E-Mail Removed)>
www.videoenterprises-uk.co.uk

--
jon brookes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vwAFd.393$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Calvin Pardue" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> Does anyone know of any decent sound editing software, something that
>>> I can work with mp3 or wav files, take clips out of them, fade in and
>>> out, etc? I'd appreciate any suggestions. All I have is Creative Wave
>>> Studio that came with my sound card. Thanks.
>>>

>> Cool Edit Pro
>> Sound Forge 7 is fantastic..

Belsica88 Belsica88 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E-Mail Removed)
Does anyone know of any decent sound editing software, something that
I can work with mp3 or wav files, take clips out of them, fade in and
out, etc? I'd appreciate any suggestions. All I have is Creative Wave
Studio that came with my sound card. Thanks.
I hope using FlexiMusic Wave Editor would render all your works with ease (i.e.,) working
with both mp3 and wav files ,take clips, fade in and fade out.