Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Trojan Virus Removal

Trojan Virus Removal

graeme@invalid

Mort wrote: I have the virus "Delf-dv" that is in the file
C:/windows/syskey. dll that I an unable to remove as access to this file
is denied. Can anyone help on this problem. Also the laptop I working on
is now starting up in the "My Document Folder Instead of the usual
Desktop theme what can I do about this problem Mortda

Sometimes when tools find files which they are unable to delete because
they are in use or otherwise locked, a program called Copylock, here,
http://noeld.com/programs.asp? cat=misc#CopyLock can aid in the process
of "replacing, moving, renaming or deleting one or many files which are
currently in use (e. g. system files like comctl32. dll, or virus/trojan
files.)" Another intended for the same purpose is Killbox, here:
http://download.broadbandmedic.com/Killbox.exe

Mort

I have the virus "Delf-dv" that is in the file C:/windows/syskey.dll that I
an unable to remove as access to this file is denied.
Can anyone help on this problem.
Also the laptop I working on is now starting up in the "My Document
Folder Instead of the usual Desktop theme what can I do about this problem
Mortda

°Mike°

Boot into Safe Mode and delete the file from there.
Scan your system from normal mode afterwards, with
up to date DATs.

For your second question:

Folder Options / View ...
Uncheck 'Restore previous folder windows at logon'.

Remove Common Tasks from Desktop
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...sk_desktop.htm

In the future, if you have more than one question, please
make a new thread for each. Thank you.

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 06:28:50 +1300, in
<HtPhd.29175$(E-Mail Removed)>
Mort scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Mort

thanks for the info and advice, much appreciated.
mortda

news:HtPhd.29175$(E-Mail Removed)...