Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Modem sagem F@st 900 and XP

Modem sagem F@st 900 and XP

Pinchy

Hello everyone

I apologize if this question has been asked before but a lot of
constraints appear when reading similar articles.

I have a problem using Tiscali ADSL with an Ethernet modem Sagem F@st
900 under OS windows XP home edition. I have installed the modem
several times as indicated in the manual, including disconnecting the
modem and starting the modem up (MAC adress). The diagnostic tool
bridgemon is indicating "Searching for modem" and after about 40
seconds "Unable to connect to modem".

This involves that for the time of 40 seconds, I cannot do anything.
The system is just sitting there, without any action of any kind. The
most interesting part is that after those 40 seconds, I can establish
a connection to Internet with bridgemon indicating a red flag ?

I've been searching for several solutions (turning of power management
in BIOS, I have the flash code but I simply cannot activate the button
S/W upgrade as it is grayed out)

Tiscali isn't much help either, I didn't get a reply on my message.
I am working on an AMD athlon 2800+

Thanks for help

Ing. Telecom Geert

cpiveteau

Stupid answer but :

Do you test it wit crossed or not crossed cable ?

cause some ethernet modem are auto-switch or not ?

you can test the speed of download to verifie your cable ...

Man

--
_______________________________

Corinne et Emmanuel PIVETEAU
Résidence Roy d' Espagne
1, Allée Goya
13008 Marseille
"Pinchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> Hello everyone
>
> I apologize if this question has been asked before but a lot of
> constraints appear when reading similar articles.
>
> I have a problem using Tiscali ADSL with an Ethernet modem Sagem F@st
> 900 under OS windows XP home edition. I have installed the modem
> several times as indicated in the manual, including disconnecting the
> modem and starting the modem up (MAC adress). The diagnostic tool
> bridgemon is indicating "Searching for modem" and after about 40
> seconds "Unable to connect to modem".
>
> This involves that for the time of 40 seconds, I cannot do anything.
> The system is just sitting there, without any action of any kind. The
> most interesting part is that after those 40 seconds, I can establish
> a connection to Internet with bridgemon indicating a red flag ?
>
> I've been searching for several solutions (turning of power management
> in BIOS, I have the flash code but I simply cannot activate the button
> S/W upgrade as it is grayed out)
>
> Tiscali isn't much help either, I didn't get a reply on my message.
> I am working on an AMD athlon 2800+
>
> Thanks for help
>
> Ing. Telecom Geert

Pinchy

"cpiveteau" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<4187b21e$0$23197$(E-Mail Removed)>.. .
> Stupid answer but :
>
> Do you test it wit crossed or not crossed cable ?
>
> cause some ethernet modem are auto-switch or not ?
>
> you can test the speed of download to verifie your cable ...
>
> Man
>
> --
> _______________________________
>
> Corinne et Emmanuel PIVETEAU
> Résidence Roy d' Espagne
> 1, Allée Goya
> 13008 Marseille
> "Pinchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> (E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello everyone
> >
> > I apologize if this question has been asked before but a lot of
> > constraints appear when reading similar articles.
> >
> > I have a problem using Tiscali ADSL with an Ethernet modem Sagem F@st
> > 900 under OS windows XP home edition. I have installed the modem
> > several times as indicated in the manual, including disconnecting the
> > modem and starting the modem up (MAC adress). The diagnostic tool
> > bridgemon is indicating "Searching for modem" and after about 40
> > seconds "Unable to connect to modem".
> >
> > This involves that for the time of 40 seconds, I cannot do anything.
> > The system is just sitting there, without any action of any kind. The
> > most interesting part is that after those 40 seconds, I can establish
> > a connection to Internet with bridgemon indicating a red flag ?
> >
> > I've been searching for several solutions (turning of power management
> > in BIOS, I have the flash code but I simply cannot activate the button
> > S/W upgrade as it is grayed out)
> >
> > Tiscali isn't much help either, I didn't get a reply on my message.
> > I am working on an AMD athlon 2800+
> >
> > Thanks for help
> >
> > Ing. Telecom Geert

Thanks for reply. The download speed seems to be ok (up to 100 K/sec)
The modem has been used under windows 98 and no problem occured at
all.
Right now, it still works fine except the delay of 40 seconds on
startup.
I've also noticed that the firewall (zonealarm) is started after those
40 seconds. I've been using the same cable on win98 or win xp shipped
with the modem (modem to RJ45 ethernet connector). The modem is not
autoswith. I have to break power and reconnect to restart the modem.
ADSL synchronisation appears after a few seconds. Everything seems to
be OK ? Is the problem XP related, I don't know what to search for ?

Geert

Parag

Hello

I have the same problem with the Sagem F@st 940 ethernet modem running
with Windows 2000. The diagnostic tool bridgemon is unable to connect
to the modem. Tiscali sent me a flash update for the modem but of
course that is of no use because bridgemon can't connect to it. Is
there any value in trying to upgrade the flash code. I somehow manage
to connect to the internet OK in Linux and Windows.

Cheers
Parag