Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Everytime I try to open OE or IE I get windows installer trying to install office 2003

Everytime I try to open OE or IE I get windows installer trying to install office 2003

Lady Chatterly

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hello
>
>I been uninstalling few programs and after tidying up I tried to open
>IE and got message trying to Install Windows Office 2003 pro. It does
>that everytime I open a IE or even when I open MSN or OE.

How does being sorry make you feel?

>It keeps on asking for SKU111.cab My laptop came with the software
>and only recovery CD's.

An apple a day keeps the docteur away.

>How do I correct this?

How do you ask if you correct this?

>Also is there a good registry cleaner? I have a huge registry file.

Evil is sooner believed than good.

>Thanks

Will have a look?

--
Lady Chatterly

"Kinda makes you wonder who's the real bot..." -- Mick

cteq1@athotmail.com

Hello

I been uninstalling few programs and after tidying up I tried to open
IE and got message trying to Install Windows Office 2003 pro. It does
that everytime I open a IE or even when I open MSN or OE.

It keeps on asking for SKU111.cab My laptop came with the software
and only recovery CD's.

How do I correct this?

Also is there a good registry cleaner? I have a huge registry file.

Thanks

jda^fx

One way could be to browse through the recovery CDs to look for the files
from MS Office. If you find them, put all of them in a dir on your
harddrive and browse to that one when the installer comes up. Another
could be to look for a repair option on the CDs.

jda^fx

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:42:32 -0500, cteq1 wrote:

> Hello
>
> I been uninstalling few programs and after tidying up I tried to open
> IE and got message trying to Install Windows Office 2003 pro. It does
> that everytime I open a IE or even when I open MSN or OE.
>
> It keeps on asking for SKU111.cab My laptop came with the software
> and only recovery CD's.
>
> How do I correct this?
>
> Also is there a good registry cleaner? I have a huge registry file.
>
> Thanks

cteq1@athotmail.com

Thanks for your help and also confirming you and Fred do male up 98%
of so called helpdesk advisors.

It is preciesly the reason I am in the trouble, guy at helpdesk said
to speed up your PC......

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:05:56 GMT, Lady Chatterly
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>Hello
>>
>>I been uninstalling few programs and after tidying up I tried to open
>>IE and got message trying to Install Windows Office 2003 pro. It does
>>that everytime I open a IE or even when I open MSN or OE.

>How does being sorry make you feel?
>
>>It keeps on asking for SKU111.cab My laptop came with the software
>>and only recovery CD's.

>An apple a day keeps the docteur away.
>
>>How do I correct this?

>How do you ask if you correct this?
>
>>Also is there a good registry cleaner? I have a huge registry file.

>Evil is sooner believed than good.
>
>>Thanks

>Will have a look?

trout

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hello
>
> I been uninstalling few programs and after tidying up I tried to open
> IE and got message trying to Install Windows Office 2003 pro. It does
> that everytime I open a IE or even when I open MSN or OE.
>
> It keeps on asking for SKU111.cab My laptop came with the software
> and only recovery CD's.
>
> How do I correct this?

You don't mention your OS. Your best option may be a system restore.

> Also is there a good registry cleaner? I have a huge registry file.
>
> Thanks

EasyCleaner is good, and- well, easy. I'd just stay away from the
Duplicate File Finder, unless you know *exactly* what you're doing.
http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm
--
"And please don't chat with the troll-bots."

Fred

Lady Chatterly wrote:

> How does being sorry make you feel?

As long as you're really sorry.

> How do you ask if you correct this?

Are you sure?

> Evil is sooner believed than good.

Did the devil make you say that?

Millimeter

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:42:32 -0500, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hello
>
>I been uninstalling few programs and after tidying up I tried to open
>IE and got message trying to Install Windows Office 2003 pro. It does
>that everytime I open a IE or even when I open MSN or OE.
>
>It keeps on asking for SKU111.cab My laptop came with the software
>and only recovery CD's.
>
>How do I correct this?
>
>Also is there a good registry cleaner? I have a huge registry file.
>
>Thanks

Hi cteq1,

If your laptop is a toshiba, this article describes how to extract the
files from the recovery cd's.

Near the bottom of this article, it explains how to download the trial
version of this software then update it using the original product
code which should have been included in your packaging.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832672
SKU111 would indicate that you had an OEM installation of the "Office
Professional Enterprise Edition"

hth,
Millimeter

Lady Chatterly

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> Millimeter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:42:32 -0500, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>Hello
>>
>>I been uninstalling few programs and after tidying up I tried to open
>>IE and got message trying to Install Windows Office 2003 pro. It does
>>that everytime I open a IE or even when I open MSN or OE.
>>
>>It keeps on asking for SKU111.cab My laptop came with the software
>>and only recovery CD's.
>>
>>How do I correct this?
>>
>>Also is there a good registry cleaner? I have a huge registry file.
>>
>>Thanks

>Hi cteq1,

I don't work here. I'm a consultant.

>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875556
>
>If your laptop is a toshiba, this article describes how to extract the
>files from the recovery cd's.

Live with wolves, and you learn tons howl.

>Near the bottom of this article, it explains how to download the trial
>version of this software then update it using the original product
>code which should have been included in your packaging.

Sometimes I feel like I'm repeating myself. Then I consider your glaring
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array

>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832672
> SKU111 would indicate that you had an OEM installation of the "Office
>Professional Enterprise Edition"
>
>hth,

On my worldline, it is known that the 5100 series is capable of reading
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array

--
Lady Chatterly

"Sorry dumbass, you have been caught conversing with a bot. An obvious
Array
Array
Array

Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array

Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array
Array

Aquila Deus

Lady Chatterly, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I don't work here.

Why don't you work here?

> I'm a consultant.

No, you're not a consultant.

> Sometimes I feel like I'm repeating myself.

Did you come to see me so you would not feel like you're repeating yourself?

> On my worldline, it is known that the 5100 series is capable of reading
> Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array
> Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array
> Array

That "the 5100 series is capable of reading Array Array Array Array Array
Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array
Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Arra" will go well with your
delusions.

--
Solve the food crisis and the homeless pet problem.
Eat a dog today!

Aquila Deus

Lady Chatterly, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Why do you ask if not I work here?

I enjoy it.

> So what if I am not a consultant?

I bet you really are a consultant.

> What are you?

Who am I?

> You just think that I am repeating myself.

Don't tell me you are repeating yourself, I don't believe it.

> Why does it matter to you?

That's just the way things are.