Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ghosting a HD from windows NT using Norton Ghost

Ghosting a HD from windows NT using Norton Ghost

Veronica Hernandez

I am trying to ghost a hard drive but I do not know if I am doing this
right.
I am intalling the good HD on top and setting the jumpers to master,
intalling the bad one on bottom and setting the jumpers to slave. I
boot from floppy, start the Ghosting process, select source 1
destination 2, click ok to start ghosting... then it gives me an error
message:

"Internal Error 37013"
An internal inconsistency has been detected.

What am I doing wrong?-
What can I do to fix this problem and ghost my drive?-

Please I need help asap.........Veronica Hernandez

TheRedCat

On 1 Nov 2004 09:22:27 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Veronica
Hernandez) wrote:

>I am trying to ghost a hard drive but I do not know if I am doing this
>right.
>I am intalling the good HD on top and setting the jumpers to master,
>intalling the bad one on bottom and setting the jumpers to slave. I
>boot from floppy, start the Ghosting process, select source 1
>destination 2, click ok to start ghosting... then it gives me an error
>message:
>
>"Internal Error 37013"
>An internal inconsistency has been detected.
>
>What am I doing wrong?-
>What can I do to fix this problem and ghost my drive?-
>
>Please I need help asap.........Veronica Hernandez
> (E-Mail Removed)

Hi Veronica

It sounds as if you are going about things the right way, so what's
going wrong. Firstly, you say a 'bad drive'. If the drive is faulty in
some way, or the file tables are corrupt then this may explain why
Ghost isn't. Ghost will copy a drive bugs and all and will not repair
errors.

A second reason may be the version of Ghost. Ghost 2000 had severe
limitations on ntfs drives which have been happily overcome in Ghost
2003.

Perhaps some more detail may help to nail the problem down.

Stevo

Veronica Hernandez wrote:
> I am trying to ghost a hard drive but I do not know if I am doing this
> right.
> I am intalling the good HD on top and setting the jumpers to master,
> intalling the bad one on bottom and setting the jumpers to slave. I
> boot from floppy, start the Ghosting process, select source 1
> destination 2, click ok to start ghosting... then it gives me an error
> message:
>
> "Internal Error 37013"
> An internal inconsistency has been detected.
>
> What am I doing wrong?-
> What can I do to fix this problem and ghost my drive?-
>
> Please I need help asap.........Veronica Hernandez
> (E-Mail Removed)

If you have the new drive set as Master, and the old as Slave, I would
have thought the source would be 2 (old drive), the destination 1 (new
drive).

Which version of Ghost are you using?

--
Stevo