Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NTFS Conversion Problem

NTFS Conversion Problem

Scribner

I want to convert back my root hard drive from NTFS to FAT32. (Don't
ask.) I have tried to get the drive ready for the conversion via PQ
Magic 8.5 (Symantec) but I am encountering this error: "Error 1685
Multiple Long Names or Links File 107294." Well, this would be easy
to fix, if I knew which file was File 107294. Is there some program
that I can run which I will fix this? Thanks. Walt

why?

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:40:52 GMT, Scribner wrote:

>I want to convert back my root hard drive from NTFS to FAT32. (Don't
>ask.) I have tried to get the drive ready for the conversion via PQ
>Magic 8.5 (Symantec) but I am encountering this error: "Error 1685
>Multiple Long Names or Links File 107294." Well, this would be easy
>to fix, if I knew which file was File 107294. Is there some program

Ask Symantec.

>that I can run which I will fix this? Thanks. Walt

Try DiskExplorer from http://runtime.org/

Look for MFT information, using www.google.com
http://www.ntfs.com
http://www.sleuthkit.org/sleuthkit/docs/skins_ntfs.html