Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Exchange Server 2003

Exchange Server 2003

Nunya

I have installed and am trying to get the web outlook working. It can
send and recieve email but when I open a new email to send a
frontpage2000 install starts. Can anyone please help?

thanks

josh

jda^fx

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:09:18 +0000, Nunya wrote:

> I have installed and am trying to get the web outlook working. It can
> send and recieve email but when I open a new email to send a
> frontpage2000 install starts. Can anyone please help?
>
> thanks
>
> josh

Where does the frontpage install start? On the machine with the OWA client
open, or on the exchange server? If it is on the server, have it any
components of MS office (for desktops) installed

Have you installed via AD or directly from CDs?

jda^fx

Nunya

it starts when I have the web based outllok open and I try to get a
new email started. I installed from a virtual drive with a ISO .
It happened on the server and two other computers on the network. All
these computers have Office 2003 installed. One even had frontpage
installed.

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 02:44:47 +0100, jda^fx <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:09:18 +0000, Nunya wrote:
>
>> I have installed and am trying to get the web outlook working. It can
>> send and recieve email but when I open a new email to send a
>> frontpage2000 install starts. Can anyone please help?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> josh

>Where does the frontpage install start? On the machine with the OWA client
>open, or on the exchange server? If it is on the server, have it any
>components of MS office (for desktops) installed
>
>Have you installed via AD or directly from CDs?
>
>jda^fx

jda^fx

Servers should run serversoftware only. So start with uninstalling _all_
software not needed on the exchangeserver. I would prefer a complete
makeover.

When you install MS office there is a lot of components that is marked of
to be installed demand, i.e. first time they are being used. It is
components that are not often used, you can see the if you do a custom
install. When they are called first time, Office then starts the installer
and whants the CD.

What the beeep OWA client and Frontpage has got to do
with each other I don't know, but try make the install availible on the
network and let it do its thing if you are inside a LAN
jda^fx

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 01:53:57 +0000, Nunya wrote:

> it starts when I have the web based outllok open and I try to get a
> new email started. I installed from a virtual drive with a ISO .
> It happened on the server and two other computers on the network. All
> these computers have Office 2003 installed. One even had frontpage
> installed.
>

> On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 02:44:47 +0100, jda^fx <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:09:18 +0000, Nunya wrote:
>>
>>> I have installed and am trying to get the web outlook working. It can
>>> send and recieve email but when I open a new email to send a
>>> frontpage2000 install starts. Can anyone please help?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> josh

>>Where does the frontpage install start? On the machine with the OWA client
>>open, or on the exchange server? If it is on the server, have it any
>>components of MS office (for desktops) installed
>>
>>Have you installed via AD or directly from CDs?
>>
>>jda^fx

Nunya

thanks for the help