Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unable to delete folder - "Access is denied"

Unable to delete folder - "Access is denied"

***JB

I have a folder containing a number of font files, however if I try to
delete the folder I get the error :
"Cannot delete 9RADIUMD.ttf
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not
currently in use."

The disk is neither full or write protected, so it would seem the file is
being used. How can I tell if it is being used & how to stop it from being
used - does anyone know a good application for this.

Thanks

°Mike°

Use TheFontThing, uninstall the font and then
delete it. And before you ask, yes TFT does
work with Windows XP.
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html

Alternatively, try booting into Safe Mode to delete
the folder.

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:45:15 +0100, in
<4183c51b$0$29190$(E-Mail Removed)>
***JB scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Buffalo

"***JB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4183c51b$0$29190$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a folder containing a number of font files, however if I try to
> delete the folder I get the error :
> "Cannot delete 9RADIUMD.ttf
> Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not
> currently in use."
>
> The disk is neither full or write protected, so it would seem the file is
> being used. How can I tell if it is being used & how to stop it from being
> used - does anyone know a good application for this.
>
> Thanks

Perhaps go to where you choose which font to use and change it there before
deleting it.
When in IE, click on Tools,Internet Options,General Tab, Fonts.
Or use Windows Help.

St Bernard

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:45:15 +0100, "***JB"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a folder containing a number of font files, however if I try to
>delete the folder I get the error :
>"Cannot delete 9RADIUMD.ttf
>Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not
>currently in use."
>
>The disk is neither full or write protected, so it would seem the file is
>being used. How can I tell if it is being used & how to stop it from being
>used - does anyone know a good application for this.
>
>Thanks

This use to drive me nuts in Xp until I tried

GiPo MoveOnBoot

"Copies, moves or deletes files and folders on the next system boot.
The utility is very useful when the user needs to replace or delete
files which are locked by other applications, loaded into the memory
or just cannot be changed until next system boot."

http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/fileutil/index.htm

At the bottom of the page is an older free version which works fine