Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > deploying applications and shared dlls

deploying applications and shared dlls

C Evans via .NET 247

Hi

we are just moving from VB6 to vb.net(or C#) and i have beenlooking at how to deploy applications. Our applications areonly used internally. At the moment all our .exe files are on anetwork folder so all users run it off that. All the shared(internally programed) activeX controls and dlls are stored onthis same network folder and registered there. This has allworked fine and when a new version of a component is releasedthe old version is renamed and archived.

Can a similar system be used with .NET with all the internallyprogrammed shared dlls being stored on the network folder or dothey have to be stored in the local machines GAC?

Do you need the .NET framework installed on the machine runningthe application?

Am i right that the *.exe application that i copy to be releasedis the one in the \bin folder and not the \obj\release folder orare these just the same thing?

We have a couple of developers that work on the same dll, if ihave used a strong name (key token) to add the dll to the GAC,can i just copy to another developer that key file and then theycan develop and release the same dll with everything stillworking all ok with the versioning?

I would really appreciate some help with these questions, thanks

From: C Evans

<Id>cWvrOQ15hkCty/mvMQghxw==</Id>

ASP .NET 2.0 Visual Studio 2005 - deploying - no DLLs Richard ASP .Net 12 01-13-2009 10:09 PM
Sharing file pointer between applications and DLLs Dhruv C Programming 1 10-05-2006 08:56 AM
Deploying wrapped dlls Dave ASP .Net 0 01-30-2006 05:38 PM
Shared Bin Directory to share DLLs? jack ASP .Net 4 06-08-2004 11:53 AM
deploying and re-deploying ASP.Net applications =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIE4=?= ASP .Net 2 02-04-2004 09:31 PM

Advertisments