Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Changing Bios Boot-up Logo

Changing Bios Boot-up Logo

R.Paulson

I have the misfortune of having an 'e machine' - PC World's own brand
PCs. As lovely as it is, it bugs the hell out of me that I have to
look at their logo everytime I boot up. I've been into the bios and
just states that it's a " Pheonix AWARDBios" but lists no version
number. I've tried using 'Awdflsh.exe' but that just tells me that my
bios is not supported. HELP...is there a way of changing the logo, or
am I forever stuck with the annoying one the PC came with ?

TIA

R.Paulson

Conor

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> , R.Paulson
says...
> I have the misfortune of having an 'e machine' - PC World's own brand
> PCs. As lovely as it is, it bugs the hell out of me that I have to
> look at their logo everytime I boot up. I've been into the bios and
> just states that it's a " Pheonix AWARDBios" but lists no version
> number. I've tried using 'Awdflsh.exe' but that just tells me that my
> bios is not supported. HELP...is there a way of changing the logo, or
> am I forever stuck with the annoying one the PC came with ?

Find AIDA32 at www.majorgeeks.com, download it and run it. It may gie
you a better idea of what your motherboard is. Chances are it'll be a
PC Chips or summat.

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.

R.R.H Ritzen

"R.Paulson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>I have the misfortune of having an 'e machine' - PC World's own brand
> PCs. As lovely as it is, it bugs the hell out of me that I have to
> look at their logo everytime I boot up. I've been into the bios and
> just states that it's a " Pheonix AWARDBios" but lists no version
> number. I've tried using 'Awdflsh.exe' but that just tells me that my
> bios is not supported. HELP...is there a way of changing the logo, or
> am I forever stuck with the annoying one the PC came with ?
>
> TIA
>
> R.Paulson

WormWood

http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/awbmtools.shtml

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=award+bios+boot+up+logo&btnG=Se arch>

"R.Paulson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
|I have the misfortune of having an 'e machine' - PC World's own brand
| PCs. As lovely as it is, it bugs the hell out of me that I have to
| look at their logo everytime I boot up. I've been into the bios and
| just states that it's a " Pheonix AWARDBios" but lists no version
| number. I've tried using 'Awdflsh.exe' but that just tells me that my
| bios is not supported. HELP...is there a way of changing the logo, or
| am I forever stuck with the annoying one the PC came with ?
|
| TIA
|
| R.Paulson

Pennywise

On 30 Oct 2004 01:49:14 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (R.Paulson)
wrote:

|>I have to
|>look at their logo everytime I boot up. I've been into the bios and
|>just states that it's a " Pheonix AWARDBios" but lists no version
|>number.

When you boot up one of the very first things display'd is the bios
version number. It will be in the lower left of the screen, pressing
the Pause key will ahh pause the screen so you can write it down,
enter to continue.

mhicaoidh

Taking a moment's reflection, Pennywise mused:

| Could be a mute point tho:

Speaking of tough crowds ... that's "moot" ...

Pennywise

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:36:55 GMT, "mhicaoidh"
<??m?v?_mhic_aoidh@hot??Xmail?P?M.com> wrote:

|>Taking a moment's reflection, Pennywise mused:
|>|
|>| Could be a mute point tho:
|>
|> Speaking of tough crowds ... that's "moot" ...

Darn... http://tinyurl.com/4zrj6

R.Paulson

OK, so now I've established the BIOS version how do I go about changing the logo ?

Lordy.UK

> I have the misfortune of having an 'e machine' - PC World's own brand
> PCs. As lovely as it is, it bugs the hell out of me that I have to
> look at their logo everytime I boot up. I've been into the bios and
> just states that it's a " Pheonix AWARDBios" but lists no version
> number.

I take it you've looked for an option to turn it off in the BIOS ?

I have a couple of S478 boards lying around that boot up with a Packard
Bell logo, there was an option in the BIOS that said something like
"diable customer logo".

--
Lordy.UK

Lordy.UK

> I have a couple of S478 boards lying around that boot up with a Packard
> Bell logo, there was an option in the BIOS that said something like
> "diable customer logo".

(sic) "Disable"

--
Lordy.UK