Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP shutdown 'problem program' can't be found

XP shutdown 'problem program' can't be found

Eos

Every time Win XP Pro is closing down, I am told that "Eqqbfqqm.exe" must be
closed as it is not working propely, and I comply with XP's wishes then the
machine shuts down and reboots. Then when I reboot, I search for the program
named "Eqqbfqqm.exe", but apparantley it does not exist on my PC. So how is
it preventing me from shutting down if it doesn't exist?! I tell the Windows
search utility to look in all folders, even system and hidden, but it still
can't find it. I did a Google search for the filename as well, but found no
information on it at all. How do I find out what this program is and what it
does?
TIA.
Eos.

°Mike°

Online Antivirus scanners:
================
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp
http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **** below.]
http://www.drweb-online.com/en/online_check.asp
http://www.virusoffice.com/clinic/index.cfm

**** Caveat:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archiv...3-07/0240.html

Anti-virus programs:
--------------------
KAV (Kaspersky)
http://www.kaspersky.com/

Sophos
http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:49:39 GMT, in
<nsPfd.56280$(E-Mail Removed) >
"Eos" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrakets)Tiscali.co.uk> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Eos

Thanks for your email "M S"! I tried what you suggested, but it didn't show
anything in the registry.
Eos.

Eos

I rebooted, but this time into safe-mode and searched again. The file showed
up this time so I deleted it. All "looks" well, but I don't know if I
should've deleted it or not, as I ain't got a clue what it was. It was in
the system32 folder.
Eos.

P.S.
SpyBot and AdAware found nothing either.