Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Relation between Points & Pixels

Relation between Points & Pixels

Rashmi Panduranga

We know that 1 inch= 72 points.
Please let me know what is the relation between Points & Pixels.

Maqsood Ahmed

Hello,
Quoting from http://www.hpaa.com/css1/pxnpts.asp :
"The relationship of pixels to points depends on the number of pixels
per inch, which is typically some 'standard' value corresponding to
default screen fonts. For example, MS Windows has two standard sets of
screen fonts initially designed for IBM display systems: 'small' (VGA)
and 'large' (8514/A). 'Small' fonts are 96 pixels per inch, 'large' are
120. Macintosh systems render type at a nominal 72 pixels per inch, i.e.
one pixel = one point. Some display systems using scalable screen fonts
allow fine tuning of pixels per inch to suit user preferences."

Maqsood Ahmed [MCP,C#]
Kolachi Advanced Technologies
http://www.kolachi.net

Rashmi Panduranga

thanx a lot.
I wanted to know why Microsoft.Office.Interop.Graph Primary Interface
Assembly used? I wanted to know where can I find help wrt classes,
interfaces, methods, properties of Microsoft.Office.Interop.Graph. Pls
do let me know.