Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Backup Error: The device reported an error on a request to write data to media. Error reported: bad data.

Backup Error: The device reported an error on a request to write data to media. Error reported: bad data.

Ismaiel

Hi,

I am working with Windows 2003 Standard Edition, and I have scheduled
a job at midnight but it didn't work correctly because after 1 minute
stopped with this error: "The device reported an error on a request to
write data to media. Error reported: bad data."

I searched in the internet, but I found a hotfix related with this
issue which is in this link http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817688
but it didn't do any thing for me in this error, but I applied this
fix when I was getting this problem with another reason which is
"Hardware Failure", but now I am getting Bad Data error! I am using
Seagate DAT 9SP40-000 SCSI Sequential Device as tape drive.

We have several servers which has this tape drive, and none of them
cause any problem except one drive which working on a server that run
with SQL and MS CRM.

Can you please assist me?

its very urgent.

Many thanks,