Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Gmail question - downloading full archive to hd

Gmail question - downloading full archive to hd

rabbit

Does anyone know of an application that I can use to download the entire
contents of my Gmail box, intact, for archiving on CD?

Thanks.

Blinky the Shark

rabbit wrote:

> Does anyone know of an application that I can use to download the entire
> contents of my Gmail box, intact, for archiving on CD?

I don't think Gmail wants you to have that. At least not now. Maybe
later, for a price.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Go Blue

rabbit

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) :

> rabbit wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of an application that I can use to download the
>> entire contents of my Gmail box, intact, for archiving on CD?

> I don't think Gmail wants you to have that. At least not now. Maybe
> later, for a price.

Uh huh. Maybe a third-party program? I believe I've seen them for Hotmail.

PuppyKatt

Tedious and time consuming, but forward them, a few at a time, to your pop3
addy that you can open and read in OE, then you can save them.

"rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns958DE40EADB75Myemailaddressnet@140.99.99.1 30...
> Does anyone know of an application that I can use to download the entire
> contents of my Gmail box, intact, for archiving on CD?
>
> Thanks.

rabbit

"PuppyKatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:hyrfd.2660$(E-Mail Removed):

> Tedious and time consuming, but forward them, a few at a time, to your
> pop3 addy that you can open and read in OE, then you can save them.

That would work, but not only would it be tedious, but also the threading
and would be lost.

What I'm hoping for is something along the lines of Acrobat 6's ability to
download an entire website and convert it to a pdf. Unfortunately, that
application shows itself as an "incompatible browser", similar to Opera I
suppose, when it tries to open Gmail like a website (even when logged in by
cookie).

Thanks.