Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Removing Service Pack 2

Re: Removing Service Pack 2

Zoli

Since I installed on my computer SP2 (original CD from Microsoft) it
slowed down my computer very much.Never had any problems before.
Would like to bring back the computer as it was before is it safe to
remove it from the Control Panel Add/Remove? or how is the best to
remove it? Will not occur any problems when I remove it?
My computer is OS Wind.XP Pro. Pent.4 1.5 ghz 386 ram
Thanks

Unknown

Before doing that (removing SP2) did you do a disk clean and a defrag? Did you
shut down any items in the start folder?
"Zoli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3I7fd.28549$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Since I installed on my computer SP2 (original CD from Microsoft) it
> slowed down my computer very much.Never had any problems before.
> Would like to bring back the computer as it was before is it safe to
> remove it from the Control Panel Add/Remove? or how is the best to
> remove it? Will not occur any problems when I remove it?
> My computer is OS Wind.XP Pro. Pent.4 1.5 ghz 386 ram
> Thanks

PuppyKatt

"Zoli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3I7fd.28549$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Since I installed on my computer SP2 (original CD from Microsoft) it
> slowed down my computer very much.Never had any problems before.
> Would like to bring back the computer as it was before is it safe to
> remove it from the Control Panel Add/Remove? or how is the best to
> remove it? Will not occur any problems when I remove it?
> My computer is OS Wind.XP Pro. Pent.4 1.5 ghz 386 ram
> Thanks

I would not remove SP2, for security reasons. I have not had any problems
wit it myself. Some question I need answered are: How much Hard Drive
Space do you have? How much is available? How much RAM do you have? When
was your last disk cleanup/defrag? Sometimes, maintenance is the only
requirement to bring the computer up to speed.

Don

"PuppyKatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hB8fd.2454$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Zoli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3I7fd.28549$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Since I installed on my computer SP2 (original CD from Microsoft) it
>> slowed down my computer very much.Never had any problems before.
>> Would like to bring back the computer as it was before is it safe to
>> remove it from the Control Panel Add/Remove? or how is the best to
>> remove it? Will not occur any problems when I remove it?
>> My computer is OS Wind.XP Pro. Pent.4 1.5 ghz 386 ram
>> Thanks

> I would not remove SP2, for security reasons. I have not had any problems
> wit it myself. Some question I need answered are: How much Hard Drive
> Space do you have? How much is available? How much RAM do you have?
> When was your last disk cleanup/defrag? Sometimes, maintenance is the
> only requirement to bring the computer up to speed.

PuppyKatt

"Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:417d2def$0$10510$(E-Mail Removed)...

Don said nothing; he merely repeated the OP and the reply. In other words,
the troll had nothing to say.

?

We have got eyes.... stating the obvious is as stupid as being a troll!
Giving "oxygen" to a troll is even more stupid.

"PuppyKatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vbbfd.2497$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:417d2def$0$10510$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> Don said nothing; he merely repeated the OP and the reply. In other

words,
> the troll had nothing to say.

Don

"PuppyKatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vbbfd.2497$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:417d2def$0$10510$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> Don said nothing; he merely repeated the OP and the reply. In other
> words, the troll had nothing to say.

I am not a troll.I was interrupted and managed to send the posting before I
had typed anything.

I was going to Answer the question. He did not ask if it would be wise to
uninstall SP2. He asked how to uninstall it.

There are 2 ways.

1) Control panel add/remove programmes and select it there.
2) SP2 sets up a restore point so you can remove by restoring to before you
installed it.