Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Proxyconn "modem accelerator" considered worthless

Proxyconn "modem accelerator" considered worthless

MDeB

I saw this thread and, while Proxyconn may not work for some people,
it does speed things up for me. I recently let my subscription lapse
and noticed that things were slower. I am subscribed again and web
page loading, especially when I go back to look at the same page, is
faster. YMMV: it probably depends on your location, ISP, etc. They
do give you a free trial.

I have no affiliation whatever with Proxyconn.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

MDeB wrote:
> I saw this thread and, while Proxyconn may not work for some people,
> it does speed things up for me. I recently let my subscription lapse
> and noticed that things were slower. I am subscribed again and web
> page loading, especially when I go back to look at the same page, is
> faster. YMMV: it probably depends on your location, ISP, etc. They
> do give you a free trial.
>
> I have no affiliation whatever with Proxyconn.

You lying sack of ****. If you're not associated with that piece of
crap, then why is your posting host boston4.proxyconn.net? Did you think
anybody is stupid enough for fall for such a amateurish spam?

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
25 Oct 2004 00:32:18 -0400, Rôgêr <(E-Mail Removed)> screamed from
behind the mulberry bush:

>MDeB wrote:
>> I saw this thread and, while Proxyconn may not work for some people,
>> it does speed things up for me. I recently let my subscription lapse
>> and noticed that things were slower. I am subscribed again and web
>> page loading, especially when I go back to look at the same page, is
>> faster. YMMV: it probably depends on your location, ISP, etc. They
>> do give you a free trial.
>>
>> I have no affiliation whatever with Proxyconn.

>You lying sack of ****. If you're not associated with that piece of
>crap, then why is your posting host boston4.proxyconn.net? Did you think
>anybody is stupid enough for fall for such a amateurish spam?

Not to defend the ****tard but since he is using their **** product
and it uses their proxy servers to fetch web pages, it stands to
reason that anything he posts through Google would give the IP address
to Proxyconn's back bone. You're right about their product being ****,
however.

=?UTF-8?B?UsO0Z8Oqcg==?=

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor wrote:
> I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
> 25 Oct 2004 00:32:18 -0400, Rôgêr <(E-Mail Removed)> screamed from
> behind the mulberry bush:
>

>>MDeB wrote:
>>
>>>I saw this thread and, while Proxyconn may not work for some people,
>>>it does speed things up for me. I recently let my subscription lapse
>>>and noticed that things were slower. I am subscribed again and web
>>>page loading, especially when I go back to look at the same page, is
>>>faster. YMMV: it probably depends on your location, ISP, etc. They
>>>do give you a free trial.
>>>
>>>I have no affiliation whatever with Proxyconn.

>>You lying sack of ****. If you're not associated with that piece of
>>crap, then why is your posting host boston4.proxyconn.net? Did you think
>>anybody is stupid enough for fall for such a amateurish spam?

> Not to defend the ****tard but since he is using their **** product
> and it uses their proxy servers to fetch web pages, it stands to
> reason that anything he posts through Google would give the IP address
> to Proxyconn's back bone. You're right about their product being ****,
> however.

Yeah, after posting I thought I had acted prematurely. But given the
crappy product and the magnitude of spamming complaints against it, I'll
stand by half of my rash statement.

Walter Mautner

Rgr wrote:

> Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor wrote:

>> Not to defend the ****tard but since he is using their **** product
>> and it uses their proxy servers to fetch web pages, it stands to
>> reason that anything he posts through Google would give the IP address
>> to Proxyconn's back bone. You're right about their product being ****,
>> however.
>>

> Yeah, after posting I thought I had acted prematurely. But given the
> crappy product and the magnitude of spamming complaints against it, I'll
> stand by half of my rash statement.

Oh well, appears proxyconn at least can serve as some sort of anonymizer
proxy
*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*your*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt*[LinuxCounter#295241]

Joel Rubin

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:32:18 -0400, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You lying sack of ****. If you're not associated with that piece of
>crap, then why is your posting host boston4.proxyconn.net? Did you think
>anybody is stupid enough for fall for such a amateurish spam?

He's posting through the Google WEB interface so if he's using a web
proxy it shows up as his NNTP-Posting-Host.

Now Earthlink (my ISP-by-merger) has a web accelerator and it works as
a web proxy and decreases the size (and quality) of downloaded
pictures. I believe Earthlink uses a version of Proxyconn.

So I believe he's using Proxyconn's web proxy.

I believe this is also what the $5-extra versions of Netzero and Juno
use but I'm not sure.

Joel Rubin

Actually, Earthlink appears to be using a similar program from
propel.riovista.net.

I have no idea how the two compare except that if you're an end user
and wish to subscribe other than through your ISP this appears to be
$1/month cheaper than proxyconn.

Earthlink, by the way, only recommends their accelerator for dial-up,
not broadband.

MDeB

Well, not for anything but I don't deserve that.

The original post purported to clue people in about a "worthless"
product, and I took it seriously, but I came to a different opinion
and I expressed it. Obviously, you are free to disagree but there is
no need to be offensive about it. Shame on both of you!

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
> 25 Oct 2004 00:32:18 -0400, Rôgêr <(E-Mail Removed)> screamed from
> behind the mulberry bush:
>
> >MDeB wrote:
> >> I saw this thread and, while Proxyconn may not work for some people,
> >> it does speed things up for me. I recently let my subscription lapse
> >> and noticed that things were slower. I am subscribed again and web
> >> page loading, especially when I go back to look at the same page, is
> >> faster. YMMV: it probably depends on your location, ISP, etc. They
> >> do give you a free trial.
> >>
> >> I have no affiliation whatever with Proxyconn.

> >You lying sack of ****. If you're not associated with that piece of
> >crap, then why is your posting host boston4.proxyconn.net? Did you think
> >anybody is stupid enough for fall for such a amateurish spam?

> Not to defend the ****tard but since he is using their **** product
> and it uses their proxy servers to fetch web pages, it stands to
> reason that anything he posts through Google would give the IP address
> to Proxyconn's back bone. You're right about their product being ****,
> however.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (MDeB) wrote:

>I saw this thread and, while Proxyconn may not work for some people,
>it does speed things up for me. I recently let my subscription lapse
>and noticed that things were slower. I am subscribed again and web
>page loading, especially when I go back to look at the same page, is
>faster. YMMV: it probably depends on your location, ISP, etc. They
>do give you a free trial.
>
>I have no affiliation whatever with Proxyconn.

Are you positive?

--
Lady Chatterly

"Btw, who is this moron calling herself 'lady chatterly?'" -- Gargoyle

Tx2

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, , a.k.a <> says...

> Are you positive?

I might be.

> Cynics regard everybody as equally corrupt.

Not everybody, there's no way.

> Idealists regard everybody as equally corrupt, except themselves.

Not everyone!

> For reading comprehension challenged, and in simple terms, I am a bot.

I doubt if there are any robots here.

Worthless Hikmer MCSE 104 02-04-2005 10:01 PM
Anyone using Dial Accelerator-Proxyconn? red belair Computer Support 7 10-26-2004 12:46 PM
Is this the most worthless NG or what? Oh!Ma Sin Laden MCSE 4 04-26-2004 11:48 PM
this site is worthless brtnharv MCSE 6 02-09-2004 10:21 PM
This worthless MCSE Keiran Haley MCSE 8 08-01-2003 04:49 AM

Advertisments