Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > cycclic redundancy check

cycclic redundancy check

Edgie

I have just copied a disk that has video files(wma, mov etc) on it and when
I try to do a copy for family it comes up with a "cycclic redundancy check"
error, any thoughts?
I believe this might be to do with corrupted files?
Running XP home with SP2

Regards
Chris

Locke Nash Cole

Either your RAM is bad, or the disc you burnt the data on is bad, or the
device your reading the disc back with is bad.

I would go with option #1 first...

Microsoft has made a great memory tester available at

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Download it, it will create an ISO image you can burn to a create a bootable
CD, let it test your RAM and see if something comes up bad..

-L

"Edgie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have just copied a disk that has video files(wma, mov etc) on it and when
>I try to do a copy for family it comes up with a "cycclic redundancy check"
>error, any thoughts?
> I believe this might be to do with corrupted files?
> Running XP home with SP2

> Regards
> Chris
> (E-Mail Removed)

Edgie

Found the problem, was #2.
Many thanks for the help

Regards
Chris
(E-Mail Removed)

"Locke Nash Cole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newslYed.2087$R05.32@attbi_s53...
> Either your RAM is bad, or the disc you burnt the data on is bad, or the
> device your reading the disc back with is bad.
>
> I would go with option #1 first...
>
> Microsoft has made a great memory tester available at
>
> http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
>
> Download it, it will create an ISO image you can burn to a create a
> bootable CD, let it test your RAM and see if something comes up bad..
>
> -L
>
> "Edgie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have just copied a disk that has video files(wma, mov etc) on it and
>>when I try to do a copy for family it comes up with a "cycclic redundancy
>>check" error, any thoughts?
>> I believe this might be to do with corrupted files?
>> Running XP home with SP2
>>
>> --
>> --
>> Regards
>> Chris
>> (E-Mail Removed)

how to program a CRC(cyclic redundancy check) calculation for java? subscribe Java 3 11-29-2006 02:07 PM
'cyclic redundancy check' UN DVD Video 1 12-16-2005 03:03 AM
What is a CYCLE REDUNDANCY CHECK? Polite Computer Support 3 09-05-2003 04:35 PM
Re: Connot Copy Webpad_Up: Data error(cyclic redundancy check) ???? °Mike° Computer Support 0 07-22-2003 09:47 PM
Re: Connot Copy Webpad_Up: Data error(cyclic redundancy check) ???? Brian H¹© Computer Support 0 07-22-2003 08:51 PM

Advertisments