Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > windows xp start menu

windows xp start menu

the_niner_nation

Hi..when i first had my PC, whenever I'd install a new piece of software,
there would be an alert saying " new programs added" when I clicked the '
start' button.
Since then, I have had to re-install windows,and now there is no longer an
alert saying if 'new programs' have been installed. is there any way of
reactivating this feature?
I am running windows xp home edition.

thanks in advance!

pcbutts1

Right click the start button>properties>Start menu tab>customize>select
"Highlight newly installed programs">click ok.

"the_niner_nation" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:clhavb$9mv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi..when i first had my PC, whenever I'd install a new piece of software,
> there would be an alert saying " new programs added" when I clicked the '
> start' button.
> Since then, I have had to re-install windows,and now there is no longer an
> alert saying if 'new programs' have been installed. is there any way of
> reactivating this feature?
> I am running windows xp home edition.
>
> thanks in advance!

the_niner_nation

news:dhWed.679$(E-Mail Removed) .net...
> Right click the start button>properties>Start menu tab>customize>select
> "Highlight newly installed programs">click ok.

>Hi..Thanks for the info, I tried it but there isnt an option to 'highlight

newly installed progs'!

Edgie

Hi, no disrespect to the other users but they should have stated "click the
advanced tab" then click the highlight newly installed prog's

Regards
Chris

"the_niner_nation" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:clhdhq$t2i$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dhWed.679$(E-Mail Removed) .net...
>> Right click the start button>properties>Start menu tab>customize>select
>> "Highlight newly installed programs">click ok.
>>
>> --

>>Hi..Thanks for the info, I tried it but there isnt an option to 'highlight

> newly installed progs'!

JJO

Right click the start button>properties>Start menu tab>customize>advanced
then click on the highlight newly installed programs. It is there...trust
me.

Regards,
John O.

"the_niner_nation" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:clhdhq$t2i$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dhWed.679$(E-Mail Removed) .net...
>> Right click the start button>properties>Start menu tab>customize>select
>> "Highlight newly installed programs">click ok.
>>
>> --

>>Hi..Thanks for the info, I tried it but there isnt an option to 'highlight

> newly installed progs'!

pcbutts1

Sorry I missed a step, do what Edgie and JJO said.

"the_niner_nation" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:clhdhq$t2i$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dhWed.679$(E-Mail Removed) .net...
>> Right click the start button>properties>Start menu tab>customize>select
>> "Highlight newly installed programs">click ok.
>>
>> --

>>Hi..Thanks for the info, I tried it but there isnt an option to 'highlight

> newly installed progs'!

the_niner_nation

news:6tXed.741$(E-Mail Removed) et...

http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
> >>Hi..Thanks for the info, I tried it but there isnt an option to

'highlight
> > newly installed progs'!

Thank you...all of you...I really appreciate the time you took to read and
reply to my problem