Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Thunderbird question

Thunderbird question

Dave

I am trying to use Thunderbird for my e-mail and I have run into a problem
with my incoming mail. I have two e-mail accounts from the same ISP and in
Outlook, I was able to create a folder within the Inbox to store messages
sent to my second account. Thunderbird imported the settings and this
folder appears, but I receive all e-mail in the Inbox. I sent myself an
e-mail from another account so that I could create a rule that would send
all e-mail to the second address into that sub-folder, but when I try to
click on "Create rule from message" within Thunderbird, the option is grayed
out and it is the only option that is grayed out. Any ideas on how else to
set up this filter? Thanks.

--
Dave

jils

tools, message filters?

Dave wrote:

> I am trying to use Thunderbird for my e-mail and I have run into a problem
> with my incoming mail. I have two e-mail accounts from the same ISP and in
> Outlook, I was able to create a folder within the Inbox to store messages
> sent to my second account. Thunderbird imported the settings and this
> folder appears, but I receive all e-mail in the Inbox. I sent myself an
> e-mail from another account so that I could create a rule that would send
> all e-mail to the second address into that sub-folder, but when I try to
> click on "Create rule from message" within Thunderbird, the option is grayed
> out and it is the only option that is grayed out. Any ideas on how else to
> set up this filter? Thanks.
>
> --
> Dave

why?

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:01:30 -0400, Dave wrote:

>I am trying to use Thunderbird for my e-mail and I have run into a problem
>with my incoming mail. I have two e-mail accounts from the same ISP and in
>Outlook, I was able to create a folder within the Inbox to store messages

<snip>

>click on "Create rule from message" within Thunderbird, the option is grayed
>out and it is the only option that is grayed out. Any ideas on how else to
>set up this filter? Thanks.

Looking in either the TB forums, Bug Reports or www.google.com

http://www.webservertalk.com/message416162.html
Read the thread.

Me

Dave

"jils" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:417acd46$0$10349$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> tools, message filters?

Thanks a lot, I found the filter, but it didn't work right. I'll be
switching back to OE, it's easier for me and I like the way the NGs are
displayed and retrieved. Thanks again though.

--
Dave