Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Corrupted CD data - if Isobuster can't recover it, is there anything that can?

Re: Corrupted CD data - if Isobuster can't recover it, is there anything that can?

dadiOH

Starsailor wrote:
> I've got most of the data from a CD which I thought was beyond
> retrieval.
>
> There's two or three folders remaining. Isobuster can see them, but
> can't see or extract any of their contents.
>
> The problem is data corruption, not physical damage. Is there a
> program which can go lower-level still?

Maybe Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier...
http://www.roadkil.net/

"This program is great for recovering files from scratched CD's or defective
floppy/hard disks. Normally when your computer is unable to copy a file from
a damaged disk it will abort and delete the portition of the file it has
copied. This program however will continue to copy the file right to the
end. Any data that is not recoverable after many retries is replaced with
blanks. This will allow you to truely recover every byte of information that
is available for recovery. The program allows you to specify a single file,
a group using wildcards (* and ?) or if you wish, select a starting folder
and the program will copy all data from it and any sub folders it may
contain. This program doesnt just need to be used for copying files form
defective disks, it can be used to transfer any files!"

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...

Lost Windows login Password? 6 Ways to Recover and Recover windows Password jamesstevn General Computer Support 0 03-10-2010 03:18 AM
Freeware utility to recover / copy corrupted files (XP)? Evan Platt Computer Support 5 01-14-2007 03:18 PM
Recover corrupted pics? Al Zheimer Digital Photography 7 04-12-2004 06:18 PM
Isobuster 1.4 drvnguy Computer Support 1 10-06-2003 01:56 AM
re how can i reset the blanked out reg screen for isobuster pro 1.4 Tony Crowder Computer Support 0 07-27-2003 05:14 PM

Advertisments