Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > CPU processing speed comparisons for .avi conversion to VCD

CPU processing speed comparisons for .avi conversion to VCD

Sparky

Does anyone have a fast machine like AMD 64 3800 or Intel 3400 that
they run TMPGEnc on to convert .avi to VCD? I am looking for the time
it takes to convert/process 1 hour of video. I download .avi (XVID)
TV shows and concert them to VCD and watch on a standalone DVD/TV.
Quality is watchable and not the issue. It takes my AMD 2100 about an
hour to convert what is really 38 minutes of .avi minus commercials.
I would like to speed the conversion process and am looking for info
to upgrade. Thanks.

Sparky

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 07:10:48 -0400, Sparky <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone have a fast machine like AMD 64 3800 or Intel 3400 that
>they run TMPGEnc on to convert .avi to VCD? I am looking for the time
>it takes to convert/process 1 hour of video. I download .avi (XVID)
>TV shows and concert them to VCD and watch on a standalone DVD/TV.
>Quality is watchable and not the issue. It takes my AMD 2100 about an
>hour to convert what is really 38 minutes of .avi minus commercials.
>I would like to speed the conversion process and am looking for info
>to upgrade. Thanks.

Never mind as I just found what I was looking for and posted here for
others:

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardwar...261_3370921__7